Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Battle of the Budget Wide Bodies. BUL vs Springfield Armory!

I have a Bul single stack. They make nice stuff. I don't think I'd buy a 2011 that didn't take an STI compatible mag. My MPA has a similar optic mount system, and it is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    I have a Bul single stack. They make nice stuff. I don't think I'd buy a 2011 that didn't take an STI compatible mag. My MPA has a similar optic mount system, and it is nice.
    I was happy with my BUL for the short time I had it.

Two things are the major reasons why I got rid of it. One was mags. The BUL mags are fine but aren't really common. Not a huge deal but something to consider when making a purchase. And then my particular gun wasn't cut for an optic.

I'd try another one again if I found a nice used gun or if someone was running a special. Half a dozen mags would be enough to keep me interested. And now with the new multiple pattern optic cut, that issue is gone.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I was happy with my BUL for the short time I had it.

Two things are the major reasons why I got rid of it. One was mags. The BUL mags are fine but aren't really common. Not a huge deal but something to consider when making a purchase. And then my particular gun wasn't cut for an optic.

I'd try another one again if I found a nice used gun or if someone was running a special. Half a dozen mags would be enough to keep me interested. And now with the new multiple pattern optic cut, that issue is gone.

The mag thing isn't that huge of a deal considering they give you four, and as long as they work. To me it's just annoying to have all kinds of mags around. It's kind of like the popularity of glock mag PCC's. I don't even shoot glocks, but I can have a Ruger and JP that share mags, and extended baseplates and springs and magazine carriers are everywhere.

I don't know why Staccato charges so much more for the XL and XC, it doesn't seem like anyone else really charges more for 5 inch gun than a 4.25. I can see a little upcharge for comp, and I wouldn't buy that anway. If the XL was the same cost as a P, I am not sure these Bul's would even be interesting.

User Tag List