Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Airweight Excellence - K Frame Model 12

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Nice rig.

I think the 315 NG needs to be put back into production.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/969404500

I bought a 386NG new in 2009 and, like an idiot, sold it about 9 years ago.

My father-in-law has a 329NG and some guy randomly offered him $2k for it earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    42 Willys; +1 on "thanks for the great post", and congrats on the outstanding piece. Thanks also to Bruce and Wayne for lobbying S&W to make more of these.

I think a new M12 would be exceptionally hot with the 2.5" barrel seen on the M10-8 that Southnarc recently acquired...
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....uot-Model-10-8

One can dream, eh?

-Rainman
    Rainmain,

Thank you - and that Smith Model 10-8 is a fine piece of collecting for @SouthNarc and if S&W wants to put out an Airweight K frame of any length barrel I am in!

I know Southnarc picked up a 12-2 2" years ago, but I hear the accuracy is crap....

42 Willys; +1 on "thanks for the great post", and congrats on the outstanding piece. Thanks also to Bruce and Wayne for lobbying S&W to make more of these.

I think a new M12 would be exceptionally hot with the 2.5" barrel seen on the M10-8 that Southnarc recently acquired...
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....uot-Model-10-8

One can dream, eh?

-Rainman
    Rainman:

At one point during my career, I had access to a S&W Model 10-8 with a 2.5-inch heavy barrel. I loved the gun, but I discovered that when I attempted to do a single hand reload, like a disabled officer might have to do, the 2.5-inch barrel did not stabilize well when inserted behind my belt. A S&W Model 13 with a 3-inch-long barrel would. A typical S&W revolver with a 4-inch-long barrel is even better in that regard. I would not have thought that one half an inch of barrel length would matter but it does.

The S&W Model 10-8s with 2.5-inch barrels were produced by S&W at the request of the Bureau. I suspect that they were requested for testing, although some were issued. After those guns were tested, the Bureau adopted the S&W Model 13 (same fixed sight K frame but in 357 Magnum) with a 3-inch barrel. Another reason for the adoption of the 3-inch barrel on the Model 13s was that the longer ejector rod tended to allow fired cartridges to be more effectively ejected than the short version on the Model 10-8 with 2.5-inch barrel.

None of which detracts from the incredibly cool gun that Southnarc acquired. I can tell you those guns shoot like a house afire...

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Bruce-

Many thanks for sharing that interesting history and your experience, and for your contributions to this forum.

-Rainman

Bruce-

Many thanks for sharing that interesting history and your experience, and for your contributions to this forum.

-Rainman
    Rainman:

Thanks for the kind words!

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Site Supporter
    I went to the LGS today to look at lockboxes for temporary use in vehicles.

I made a deposit on a 2” 12-2 RB with just a bit of frame finish wear, that looks like it was shot about one box full and then carried a lot.

I will probably have to sort my safe out and sell something, but now I at least know what I’m getting for Christmas.

Wish they would bring one out configured like an M&P 340, with deep U rear, maybe ameriglo front, bobbed, DAO, PC action!

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Wish they would bring one out configured like an M&P 340, with deep U rear, maybe ameriglo front, bobbed, DAO, PC action!
    That would be swell!

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_3090.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  84.0 KB

My 13 as worked over by Fink’s (Gunsite Gunsmithy).

Duty action job
    Bobed hammer
    DAO
    Smoothed and rounded trigger
    Thinned the stocks to fit the narrow frame

I elected not to refinish because I sometimes like that 50 mission crush look.

They’ve done five revolvers for me and all are exceptional.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

User Tag List