Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

I got our first 432UC and my wife soon claimed it. However, it was having light strikes and the front sight was dead. I reached out to Jason and he arranged for a return label.

It came back in around 2 weeks. The repair slip said, repair trigger, repair yoke, replace sights, replace cylinder.

Headspace had measured a little large originally and it measures OK now. So far no light strikes, but it hasn't been shot a lot. Sight is OK now. Before I sent it in, I replaced the firing pin with an extended one from Cylinder and Slide but it didn't help the light strikes. I put the original back before sending it in.

The XS sight they are using appears to be the same XS standard dot you get from XS when you order one for the pinned J-Frames. The dovetailed rear sight is a wonderful thing. I have experimented a little with how deep into the rear notch to put the front sight. I wish the front sight had a flat top instead of the rounded one.

I managed to acquire a second 432UC for myself and it has been fine.

I want to thank Jason and everybody that helped with these. However, Smith & Wesson had a chance to be heroes and they missed it with their quality control. Sad.

I smoothed some rough marks inside and installed an Apex kit in mine and the trigger is pretty good. The Apex kit for my wife's gun came in the mail yesterday.

My wife likes the grips that came on it. I'm probably going to put CT 405 grips on mine because all my other J-Frames have them.

Even with the problems, this is the best J-Frame ever.

Site Supporter
    For you guys adding the Apex kit, has anyone weighed the trigger before and after?

While the VZ grips looks great, they really whack hand pretty good and are very slippery. Changed grips to an old Sile and Uncle Mike’s that covers the back strap and it is way better. Needs a Higue true boot grip that covers the backstrap, maybe like like the one that is coming on the new Kimber “XS”

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    While the VZ grips looks great, they really whack hand pretty good and are very slippery. Changed grips to an old Sile and Uncle Mike’s that covers the back strap and it is way better. Needs a Higue true boot grip that covers the backstrap, maybe like like the one that is coming on the new Kimber “XS”
    @rfd hogue chop…
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....p-fix-em-upper
    Really wouldn’t take much for hogue to make this a factory option.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    @rfd hogue chop…
    Hey, that is a great fix, I tried it and it is a good interim work wround, but they need to just offer a factory option with better aesthetics.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    For you guys adding the Apex kit, has anyone weighed the trigger before and after?
    ~11.5lbs down to ~ 9.25lbs
    Adam

Site Supporter
    @rfd hogue chop…
    Please note that Hogue has changed the way the J frame Monogrip attaches to the way they work on other frame sizes, with that metal stirrup and screw. You can't do that mod on the current ones.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I got our first 432UC and my wife soon claimed it. However, it was having light strikes and the front sight was dead. I reached out to Jason and he arranged for a return label.

It came back in around 2 weeks. The repair slip said, repair trigger, repair yoke, replace sights, replace cylinder.

Headspace had measured a little large originally and it measures OK now. So far no light strikes, but it hasn't been shot a lot. Sight is OK now. Before I sent it in, I replaced the firing pin with an extended one from Cylinder and Slide but it didn't help the light strikes. I put the original back before sending it in.
    Good to know. I’ll send mine back instead of futzing with parts. Normally I’d tinker, but with .32 prices being what they are I’ll play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Please note that Hogue has changed the way the J frame Monogrip attaches to the way they work on other frame sizes, with that metal stirrup and screw. You can't do that mod on the current ones.
    https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/smith...ymer-bodyguard

Only works on these… 👆

Site Supporter
    I thought they were discontinued, thanks for the correction!
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

User Tag List