Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rost Martin RM1C

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Yes, the design was out. But then suppose you consider PSA Dagger (when it was introduced). It's a Glock 19, design been out for a while, should be good to go, right? OR IS IT?
    Arex makes the gun for them though. Internals and slides swap. Basically a different grip module and slide cut.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Yes, the design was out. But then suppose you consider PSA Dagger (when it was introduced). It's a Glock 19, design been out for a while, should be good to go, right? OR IS IT?
    My Daggers have been good .. but I left them stock .. which .. usually if you find a Glock with problems.. they have been messed with .. owners “ enhance them “

Needs SCD.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Needs SCD.
    While not as good, it does have the ability to thumb the back of the striker as it sticks out the back of the slide plate like a PPS

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    While not as good, it does have the ability to thumb the back of the striker as it sticks out the back of the slide plate like a PPS
    Can the striker travel be stopped, or only sensed?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Can the striker travel be stopped, or only sensed?
    It can be stopped, but it’s right at the edge of dropping the striker and you have to put a good amount of force on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    It can be stopped, but it’s right at the edge of dropping the striker and you have to put a good amount of force on it.
    I wonder if a longer striker that is flush when the trigger is at rest, a chamfered witness hole or both are practical? The SCD is what finally made me 100% comfortable with Glock.
    Ken

I wonder if a longer striker that is flush when the trigger is at rest, a chamfered witness hole or both are practical? The SCD is what finally made me 100% comfortable with Glock.
    I have a PPS and for me at least, the protruding striker feature is enough of the SCD benefit to make the striker gun work when I otherwise gravitate to SAO with a safety or true DA. Frankly I think every striker gun in the world should A) use a partially tensioned striker and B) have this feature from the factory.

I know the SCD can be used to physically block the striker, but I don’t know that I’d depend on it for that. I’d be inclined to treat it and the PPS/Arex system both (and thumbing external hammers for that matter) as detection features only.

Great article and to videos on the Rost Martin

https://www.gbgunsdepot.com/post/rost-martin-rm1c

Rost Martin compared with Arex Delta 2 compact

https://youtu.be/-zA3iRZxytw?si=yFHwZ-6Kh_NUsPIw

User Tag List