Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pack of dogs attack people in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I know flash bangs work. (Wasn't done purposely, and I wasn't the one who tossed it on the entry where it occurred.)
    Dogs do not like them. I usually saw dogs run for the hills if they got tased.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I was attacked by a large dog while mountain biking once on a canal bank road in the middle of nowhere. I put the bike between us, and had to make a decision the 9mm Shield or the expandable baton I was carrying. I chose the baton, reached over the bike and smack him hard in the head. He yelped loudly went down and then hoped up and took off the other way. If it would have been more then one I would have picked the Shield.

That's disappointing to read. Guess I'll go back to carrying my sap.
    Many years ago trying to break up a dog fight (a wolf hybrid pair vs my boxer in my driveway) I swung a rattan baton (escrima stick) from my ankles to the top of the males head. He paused and looked up at me like “Seriously? I thought we were cool?” Then it was like “C’mon Maude, we’re not welcome here” and they walked off to whence they came.

So yeah, something dense with heft.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Many years ago trying to break up a dog fight (a wolf hybrid pair vs my boxer in my driveway) I swung a rattan baton (escrima stick) from my ankles to the top of the males head. He paused and looked up at me like “Seriously? I thought we were cool?” Then it was like “C’mon Maude, we’re not welcome here” and they walked off to whence they came.

So yeah, something dense with heft.

An Irish Blackthorn did no noticeable damage to a Pit that attacked my Boxer last year. (I had my 642 with me but held off shooting the dog.)

The stick did no good in breaking up the fight...but I kicked and punched it and a couple others came by and helped break it up.

My other stick is a Mendowood with a hollow steel core with a wooden dowel inserted. Epoxied and painted over to look like a Blackthorn...but if it hits you, it's a bone breaker. It's heavy.

The sap is great, but you need to get in close...which is good and bad. Good in the sense that I couldn't swing on the Pit's head with the Blackthorn because their heads were too close together. The sap would give more control and concentrated impact.

Not that I'm looking for a third encounter in the past couple of years.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

An Irish Blackthorn did no noticeable damage to a Pit that attacked my Boxer last year. (I had my 642 with me but held off shooting the dog.)

The stick did no good in breaking up the fight...but I kicked and punched it and a couple others came by and helped break it up.

My other stick is a Mendowood with a hollow steel core with a wooden dowel inserted. Epoxied and painted over to look like a Blackthorn...but if it hits you, it's a bone breaker. It's heavy.

The sap is great, but you need to get in close...which is good and bad. Good in the sense that I couldn't swing on the Pit's head with the Blackthorn because their heads were too close together. The sap would give more control and concentrated impact.

I’d be tempted to break legs with the stick, and then move on to the spine or neck.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

My Irish Blackthorn is lightweight. But my Cold Steel Walking Stick is a massive piece of hickory. Best might be my Japanese red oak boken for density and speed but isn’t a fit for walking about.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I made my own Kopfknacker staff from a hickory shovel handle. You can buy these for 20 bucks at the hardware store. I cut it to length, sanded it and applied several coats of Tung oil.

In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’d be tempted to break legs with the stick, and then move on to the spine or neck.
    It's all about opportunity and what presents.

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    - don't know about sprays to the anus in that situation.
    And here we thought that hitting a moving eye-nose triangle under stress was tough.

Looks like we need Gabe White-level crazy OC chops and one F’ng *ugly* printable PT.com training target…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The steel core Mendowood with Madrone burl grip.

Name:  IMG-1207.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  63.7 KB

User Tag List