Thread: Changing point of impact with sights

Changing point of impact with sights

When swapping out sights how do you go about changing the point of impact? I see numerous different sight heights for the rear and various heights and widths for the front for fixed sights from all of the various teir 1 vendors but have no exact idea of which ones I'd need to pair to get what I want.

Is there a sight that is made to give point of aim point of impact for the M&P? U groove or square? The new Trijicon HDs look nice but looks like they are running 4 weeks for delivery and certainly are not cheap.

A higher front sight will lower the point of impact unless it's paired with a taller rear sight, but what is the factory height of the M&P sights? I can find replacements for them but not their size. It looks like the higher sights are for the L series so height may not even be an option.

I'm likely over thinking my options and what I'm trying to do. Does anyone know of a post on M4C or another forum discussing this?

Thanks.

When I figured out that Warren's front sights come in .215 or .245 inch heights to adjust poi, but decided I wanted to try out this Hackathorn front sight from Ameriglo, their product catalog gave the heights. I chose the .220 tall as it's as close as they get to Warren's .215 and I've paired it with a Warren Sevigny Carry rear.
    No real mystery I don't think. I had an easy problem since I've already got a bunch of Warren sets on guns and prefer them.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sigh...s/front-sights

My situation is matching up for Glocks but Ameriglo has a lot of M&P sights too.

Try Speed Shooters Specialties they probably have the largest selection of front sights for the M&P series as you will find.

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.c...s=Front+Sights

Quote Originally Posted by part-time shooter View Post
    When swapping out sights how do you go about changing the point of impact? I see numerous different sight heights for the rear and various heights and widths for the front for fixed sights from all of the various teir 1 vendors but have no exact idea of which ones I'd need to pair to get what I want.

Is there a sight that is made to give point of aim point of impact for the M&P? U groove or square? The new Trijicon HDs look nice but looks like they are running 4 weeks for delivery and certainly are not cheap.

A higher front sight will lower the point of impact unless it's paired with a taller rear sight, but what is the factory height of the M&P sights? I can find replacements for them but not their size. It looks like the higher sights are for the L series so height may not even be an option.

I'm likely over thinking my options and what I'm trying to do. Does anyone know of a post on M4C or another forum discussing this?
    Thanks.
    FWIW, I've consistently had good luck with questions like this by calling Brownell's. They have a very knowledgable group of 'smiths on staff that can usually find out this kind of info.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    FWIW, I've consistently had good luck with questions like this by calling Brownell's. They have a very knowledgable group of 'smiths on staff that can usually find out this kind of info.
    That's a very good idea, it never actually occured to me.

User Tag List