Here’s what I consider a curious observation on browsers. As I’m not looking for diagnostics, I’m not including a bunch of data on version numbers. Just something I found curious.

Some setup:
I’ve been using Chrome on my MacBook Air. I got tired of all the popup notices and finally decided that Chrome was welcome to have coitus with itself.
I switched to Firefox, but was eventually dissatisfied with the feature bloat that slowed graphic intensive web pages. So … Safari.

Some setup part 2:
I do those Publisher Clearing House Searches. Yeah yeah, I know, 143 M to 1. Sometimes the fantasy is all that get’s me out of bed in the morning. But also, I always search for my books on Amazon to up the search count. I’m all over town so the searches will come from multiple IPs.

The thing:
Often safari can’t load the search page. The progress bar just hangs. I copied the URL and pasted it into Chrome (which is no longer my default browser) and the page loads, as well as 5K pop-up notices and ads. Otherwise, everything works just fine.

Again, remembering my sexual suggestion for Chrome, I next used Firefox. Here’s the interesting/curious part. The copy and pasted URL will take me to a standard looking PCH search page which responds with a standard looking result page. Here’s where it get odd. Clicking any link will take me to a Spanish version of Amazon page. My title and synopsis will be English, but the rest is Spanish. The Amazon URL will have a .com in it rather than .mx or .eu.

I might get bored enough to look into it further some day. Maybe. Probably not.