Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A long line of family servitude to Uncle Sugar has come to an end.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The men in my family have done military service as far back as the Civil War, but that's now come to an end, at least for now. Today was my youngest sons last day in the Navy and he'll soon officially be a civilian. In a few days he'll be heading home, where he'll be staying with us for a while until he finds a job. (shouldn't be long, his prospects are very good with his skillset and the local job market) We'll soon have two of our three children living locally, including at least one of our grand children, which is something I never thought would happen even two years ago, but the wheel of life turned in a fortunate direction. I'm typically not inclined to dump out my man purse, but this is pretty exciting for me and I felt the need to have share time.
    I understand exactly where you are coming from. Mine moved away for college hes got one more year and a semester to go. Im constantly working on a plan to get him back here after school.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    My son is also getting out of the Navy soon, and has some friends who work in the shipyards. They asked my son what he is going to do after the Navy, and he isn't sure really. They laughed and told him he'll be working with them. It's kind of a no brainer, quite good money to start.
    I got out of the Army and then worked as a .mil contractor for over a decade. It was good money, and a lot of familiar people and experiences. Having transitioned to an actual civilian world job now, I wouldn’t go back, but also wouldn’t trade what I did.

Much respect, for all of you.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List