Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
I would normally use snap caps, but for many drills (malfunction drills for one), it can add a tremendous amount of tedium to the session and results in many less repititions, due to the snap caps ending up on the ground and having to be reloaded in the mags constantly. Since the hammer needs to be "Pre-Cocked" on the P30, you have to cock the hammer with your thumb if you have a snap cap already in the chamber and don't want to pick it up off the floor.

So...am I doing unseen damage to the firing pin and other slide internals by Dry Firing without snap caps? Can the P30 stand 1000's of Dry Fires without snap caps?

Thanks
To stop the snap cap from being ejected, you can just rack the slide but not all the way were ejection occurs. The hammer pre cocks before the ejection process starts to happen. This is what I do when I do some dry-firing and I want the hammer in the pre cocked position. Although I have never done this on a p30. I do this with my Hk45c and I can feel were the slide starts to have more resistance due to the ejection process starting. I just stop a little before this and the hammer is pre-cocked.