Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    It’s an all around bad enough idea that I’m totally not surprised that it’s the product of a government contract, and, Glock will sell tons of them and people will come up with all kinds of BS reasons why it’s awesomer than anything ever.
    What's so terrible? Serious question.

I don't foresee changing slides, but it would be nice if the locking blocks on 17's, 19's, 45's, 34's etc. were all interchangeable so you could if you saw a reason.

I personally think the 19 sized RSA is going to be more punchy/sharper cycling than the 17's, so would prefer that if picking a long slide option, but it's in the level of noise to overall performance.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Probably because it’s a G45…with an extra 1/2” of barrel/slide.
    Back in my day, we called that a Glock 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Back in my day, we called that a Glock 17.
    Well, I guess you were wrong back then too…😂😜😉 The G19 sized RSA (and maybe locking block) makes for a different shooting & tracking gun, it’s not a revolutionary change but it is different. Not saying one is any better than the other but…I prefer the 45 & 47 to the 17 🤷.

Asked my Glock importer and they haven't heard a peep about this.. Perhaps the *announcement* is October 1 and shipping is at a later date?

I like this, if only on principle. I don't like the bifurcation of product lines Glock has been doing the last few years, where some models are only offered to institutional users, and not the public. Translation: Give us our direct-milled slide guns, Glock! Similar for guns which only make it to certain markets, when there's no reason why they can't be offered here (Glock 26.5 MOS being available in Europe, but not US).

For this actual gun, I would lean towards a normal 17 because of track record and the longer recoil spring. FOMO that I would one day also get a 19.5 and want to mix and match the frames/slides might get me though. There are some cool benefits to swapping. If you concluded that your heavy red dot was causing cycling problems on your 17-length slide, well, just pop on the 19 length one and now you have a G45. Or if you decide you like the recoil of the longer slide better, you can now have a 19L carry gun...

Is see the 47 as what the Gen 5 17 should have always been. Parts interchangeability just makes sense and modularity seems to be the new buzzword.

With the whole modularity and being able to use the same recoil springs, somebody should maybe look at what Walther did with the PDP and try to replicate it for Glock (assuming there’s no copyright issue or w/e).

Basically some of the PDPs have a removable dust cover of sorts that allows the use of the same recoil spring across different slide lengths. Pretty handy thinking on their part to put that together and allows for modularity.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

The G47 uses the G45 Frame and G19 Gen5 recoil spring.

(correction edit)
    Last edited by HTM; 09-28-2022 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    The G47 uses the G17 Gen5 recoil spring. not the G19 Gen5 recoil spring. FWIW
    So it’s basically just a dust cover, locking block and rail position modification?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    So it’s basically just a dust cover, locking block and rail position modification?
    My bad. It's a G45 frame with a G17 slide modified to accommodate the G19 recoil spring.

User Tag List