Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Different strokes, I guess.

I had dead pigs in the back of my Escalade many years ago. Other than putting them in bags to keep the blood off the leather, not a problem.
    I feel like there's a euphemism I'm missing here...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

The trick to carrying dead animals in your SUV (or in once case I'm aware of a Prius) is to have a plastic kiddie pool in the back.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I put a dead Whitetail Deer in the back of my wife's Volvo 240 back in the day. She was unpleased. Told me that I needed to buy a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by 37th Mass View Post
    I put a dead Whitetail Deer in the back of my wife's Volvo 240 back in the day. She was unpleased. Told me that I needed to buy a truck.
    Smart of her. My main objection to SUVs remains the lack of ability to segregate cargo. I don't have to share air with whatever is in the back of my truck, dead animals or fuel cans or whatever, and I don't have to worry about it being 'under glass' for anyone wanting to peek inside for a smash n grab. I wouldn't mind an SUV as one of a fleet, but I couldn't have one as an only vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Smart of her. My main objection to SUVs remains the lack of ability to segregate cargo. I don't have to share air with whatever is in the back of my truck, dead animals or fuel cans or whatever, and I don't have to worry about it being 'under glass' for anyone wanting to peek inside for a smash n grab. I wouldn't mind an SUV as one of a fleet, but I couldn't have one as an only vehicle.
    That was a big reason for me wanting one too. I got a deer last night and butchered it at home. After seeing a few ticks while I was skinning it, I was glad it wasn’t in the cab with me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    That was a big reason for me wanting one too. I got a deer last night and butchered it at home. After seeing a few ticks while I was skinning it, I was glad it wasn’t in the cab with me.
    Ticks bailing from a dead animal into the recesses of the passenger compartment would also be my concern with toting dead animals in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    The trick to carrying dead animals in your SUV (or in once case I'm aware of a Prius) is to have a plastic kiddie pool in the back.
    Shouldn't this be in the Mindset and Tactics section under the Serial Killer sub-thread?

Site Supporter
    An aquantaince just got his Rivian truck. It's pretty impressive in terms of usable space. We put six mountain bikes and a lot of fire wood in the bed, camping stuff in the enclosed space at the front bottom of the bed, five adults in the cab and still had the front "fronk" that we threw some groceries in. Lots of usable interior nooks and crannies too. The driving and light off roading we did was what you'd expect from an EV.

It'll be a long time before I'm in the market for anything like it but it's cool to play with.
    Last edited by Crashpad; 10-31-2022 at 01:41 PM.

I’ll give Dodge credit - they are willing to try new things. This looks clever but I’d want to see it in person.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ram-backpack-pickup-trucks

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’ll give Dodge credit - they are willing to try new things. This looks clever but I’d want to see it in person.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ram-backpack-pickup-trucks

I like it.

User Tag List