Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: From Larry Correia: Internet Gun Culture Advice

For those of you who prefer to listen to books, his book drops Tuesday on Audible.

Site Supporter
    My hardcover copy arrived today! True, when it comes to members of this forum Larry is preaching to the choir. But I look forward to reading it anyway.

Site Supporter
    So yeah I finished the book and it is pretty much preaching to the choir for this crowd. But I think the target audience is people on the fence about firearms ownership, or those who say they support the 2nd Amendment, maybe even own a gun or two, but think that "reasonable restrictions" and "common sense gun control" are necessary.

The book is like pretty much all of the arguments over the issue discussed and handled pretty thoroughly in a singe work. Pretty well researched, with footnotes.

Committed anti-gunners will never read it (they'll give it bad reviews without reading it), but maybe it will actually reach some middle of the road types and do some good.

I'm not finished yet, but I fear that the tone of the book will be quite unpalatable to any one not already on "our team" and looking for a fun beatdown of the enemy.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    As for his books, I personally love the Grimnoir novels. They're a wonderful mixture of 1930s pulp, science fiction and fantasy. And hey, he writes John Browning as a literal gun wizard,
    So he's not writing fiction?

Seriously, have to check out those by him. Did like the first MHI novel.

Mas reviews Larry’s book

Larry posted this review by Mas on his FB page.

“I’ve just completed my review copy of his new book, “In Defense of the Second Amendment,” and I have to say it’s outstanding. Larry uses nuclear grade Common Sense to destroy the arguments of the prohibitionists. The book finishes with many pages of citations from authoritative sources which support his points”
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List