Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Somehow, my radar missed these DPP titanium mounts -- how are they?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    This seals the deal, the DPP Titanium is the lowest profile of the MOS plates for the EPS. I'd probably choose some slightly taller sights for the CHPWS plate as I still want at least 3/4 of the notch visible.
    That was my concern as well, but I hit the range this afternoon and had no problem getting a usable sight picture. Shot from 5-20 yards with the irons and easily kept everything in the upper half A-zone of a VTAC target maintaining reasonable splits. After all, they're backup sights.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Somehow, my radar missed these DPP titanium mounts -- how are they?
    My sample of one is outstanding. I've had no issues and the fit and finish is great. A few pages back in the thread I have pictures and a review, and nothing has changed in my opinion. I stand by the opinion that to be recommended for duty use it still needs vetting in a hard use test the way Aaron Cowan does it. I'm not the guy for that as economics limit my round count every week.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1467759
    Last edited by stomridertx; 05-17-2023 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    My sample of one is outstanding. I've had no issues and the fit and finish is great. A few pages back in the thread I have pictures and a review, and nothing has changed in my opinion. I stand by the opinion that to be recommended for duty use it still needs vetting in a hard use test the way Aaron Cowan does it. I'm not the guy for that as economics limit my round count every week.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1467759
    I bought two of the DPP titanium adapter plates to try because the positive review of StormriderTX and I had an Amazon gift card that paid for both.
    I installed the 1st adapter plate yesterday with an EPS on a MOS slide. The fit and finish was great and the included screws were the correct lengths. The fit of the plate was nice and snug. It was really nice to not have to figure out which screws might work or not and spend time filing screws down to work correctly.
    We'll see how it holds up, but based on my initial impressions I believe it'll be good.

Holosun EPS with DPP MOS adapter on a G45 slide with Dawson Precision MOS non co-witness sight set, 0.235" tall front and 0.225" tall rear sight. https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...ess-sight-set/

The sights are roughly lower 1/4. I need to zero both the EPS and the BUIS. Hopefully next week. We'll see how I like the BUIS'. They sit low in the window, yet still give me a good sight picture. The bottom 1/3rd of the rear notch is obstructed by the seal/ant of the rear lens of the EPS, but it still provides for a good sight picture.

For those interested, the EPS/DPP adapter put the rear deck of the EPS about 0.125" above the slide top.

I like the EPS 6 MOA\ DPP Plate combo so much that the 509t \ Holosun plate combo on my G47 now lives in constant fear of getting sold and replaced with the same thing. It's hard to pull the trigger on that because on paper it looks like a downgrade, but I'm not so sure.

Dumb question with apologies if it was addressed in the prior 74 pages.

Where would one buy replacement mounting screws for an EPS Carry? I’m sending slides off for milling and my understanding is that if I ever have to remove the optic or have screws back out, it’s best to remount with fresh screws. I’m not finding a source for the factory dimension screws that I’m assuming Impact Machine is going to use when they initially install the things.

Double points if it’s also a place where I can get the driver, torque limiter, and bits I need.

Yes, I’m new to this, thanks in advance for the education!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Dumb question with apologies if it was addressed in the prior 74 pages.

Where would one buy replacement mounting screws for an EPS Carry? I’m sending slides off for milling and my understanding is that if I ever have to remove the optic or have screws back out, it’s best to remount with fresh screws. I’m not finding a source for the factory dimension screws that I’m assuming Impact Machine is going to use when they initially install the things.

Double points if it’s also a place where I can get the driver, torque limiter, and bits I need.

Yes, I’m new to this, thanks in advance for the education!
    It all kinda depends on what hole diameter and thread the machine shop uses. Once you have the matching screw specs, I’d recommend McMaster-Carr for Grade 12.9 screws and driver bits. For a torque driver, the Wheeler FAT Wrench seems to be popular.

Finally scored an EPS Carry, hopefully this one has no issues, out of the box seems fine. If this has been asked or recommended already, my apologies ahead of time. Looking at this for G43X MOS. Is it recommended to use a plate like DPP or CH Precision for preferred mounting vs sending to CH Precision for the MOS package to direct mount to a G43X slide after they machine off the two rear nubs on the slide?
    https://chpws.com/product/glock-43x-...lling-upgrade/

Thanks in advance for the info

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Finally scored an EPS Carry, hopefully this one has no issues, out of the box seems fine. If this has been asked or recommended already, my apologies ahead of time. Looking at this for G43X MOS. Is it recommended to use a plate like DPP or CH Precision for preferred mounting vs sending to CH Precision for the MOS package to direct mount to a G43X slide after they machine off the two rear nubs on the slide?
    https://chpws.com/product/glock-43x-...lling-upgrade/

Thanks in advance for the info
    There's nothing wrong with the small adapter plates for the Glock slim guns, but you may need some ever so slightly taller iron sights like Dawsons. If you have the money and patience to get it modified where you don't need a plate that is always better. I'd do some research and see if C&H has gotten their act together on milling turnaround as campfire talk about their customer service has not been positive.

User Tag List