Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

The majority of gun owners shoot their guns once when they first get them and then stick them in the closet/safe. These people do not need the additional features the 1301 has. Who needs a better barrel or faster gas system on a gun they will never shoot?

There is Craftsman and there is Snap-on. The people on this site know the difference and are willing to spend their money on Snap-on. Craftsman works for the majority of the other gun owner so there is no need to speed the extra money.

Like I said, an ass for every seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post

"This video is the ULTIMATE Beretta 1301 versus Beretta A300 Patrol comparison. In this episode of TFBTV, @JamesReeves answers this burning “1301 or A300” question with the help of three experts: Famed shooter and gunsmith, Ernest Langdon; the notorious second generation shotgun instructor, Matt Haught; and Ben Grundwerg, a clever Beretta Product Manager who helped develop the Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol. It’s literally impossible to assemble a more competent and authoritative panel of guests than the men in this video to help you decide which shotgun you should pick up."
    Good video. I’ll be interested to see what LTT comes up with for the A300.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I'll just add that the video only cements my appreciation for getting the 1301, and having bought mine a few years ago for $900 doesn't hurt either, lol.

Site Supporter
    Name:  Screen Shot 2023-05-28 at 8.39.59 AM.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  42.4 KB

I wonder if he just forgot to put the barrel clamp on in this string of shots, after disassembly.

The clamp is on in other series of shots with Earnest and others shooting, but it is intermittently on and off his.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Name:  Screen Shot 2023-05-28 at 8.39.59 AM.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  42.4 KB

I wonder if he just forgot to put the barrel clamp on in this string of shots, after disassembly.

The clamp is on in other series of shots with Earnest and others shooting, but it is intermittently on and off his.
    Mentioned, either in the video or above clamp does not stay on when under “hard use”

I know mine “dances”

Site Supporter
    Mine has walked about an 1/8th of inch in 100 rounds.

I'm just curious whether his fell off, again, (or moved almost to the point of falling off) or whether he just forgot to put it on.

A 30 min review if you're needing to kill time...

https://youtu.be/yErLWeooIy4

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Mine has walked about an 1/8th of inch in 100 rounds.

I'm just curious whether his fell off, again, (or moved almost to the point of falling off) or whether he just forgot to put it on.
    Clamps just tend to walk. I've seen some folks have some success by using a compressible temperature resistant rubber around the barrel so that the clamp has something to really bear down on, but I just don't run the clamp on my guns. Since I'm not tossing the gun into a barrel like 3 gunners or getting it in and out of a patrol car at speed, all the clamp does is complicate disassembly for me. So I just skip it.

It's another thing to keep track of and tighten up when you're shooting the gun a lot.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Clamps just tend to walk. I've seen some folks have some success by using a compressible temperature resistant rubber around the barrel so that the clamp has something to really bear down on, but I just don't run the clamp on my guns. Since I'm not tossing the gun into a barrel like 3 gunners or getting it in and out of a patrol car at speed, all the clamp does is complicate disassembly for me. So I just skip it.

It's another thing to keep track of and tighten up when you're shooting the gun a lot.
    Thanks, that seems like a good approach.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Good video. I’ll be interested to see what LTT comes up with for the A300.
    I’m glad to hear it’s good…. I guess I’m old school, but I don’t want it invest 20 minutes in a video to learn things that I might be able to learn in 5 minutes reading a summary.

No hit on you, @Lon I’m glad you watched it for me.

ETA: I already own a 1301T with Aridus goodies that I purchased and assembled at a bargain price, so I don’t need to be sold on the 1301T.

User Tag List