Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43: Your Thoughts After Owning & Carrying for Awhile ?

I really hope they update it. Ability to take G48 mag amd an MOS slide would be awesome.

We did decide to skip on the WML. Haven’t seen any reliability issues yet but we’re definitely early in the process. Thank you for the information.

I really liked my G43, combined with a TLR-6 it was a "good enough" item and shot very well. Like others have said, it wasn't the most enjoyable/easiest shooter but was quite accurate and workable.

My father in law has it now. For a variety of reasons I decided the G42 did everything the G43 did in a smaller package and he didn't have a subcompact in his inventory.

I do mildly miss the G43 and I had no issues with it; preferences just changed.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I want a micro 9. I don’t want to deal with adding another caliber like 380. I don’t like trigger reach on the 365. It sounds like the 43 has been reliable over the long term with factory magazines. I have sight options. It fits the holsters I already have for the 48. I like that I can add an MOS slide if my eye sight gets worse.

I think it fits the niche I need need to fill.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    I’m not being sarcastic, what’s the best way to do that? Our firearms team is young and we work in a place where the firearms part of work is often treated as secondary to the other parts of the job.

After doing some range time today I’m wondering if we should have just left our plain clothes folks to carrying their G17s, because shooting a smaller gun just made shit harder for them.
    PM me your work email address.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I want a micro 9. I don’t want to deal with adding another caliber like 380. I don’t like trigger reach on the 365. It sounds like the 43 has been reliable over the long term with factory magazines. I have sight options. It fits the holsters I already have for the 48. I like that I can add an MOS slide if my eye sight gets worse.

I think you will like the G43.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Like other posters, I have a G42 and I just can't find a good reason to buy a G43 to replace the 42. Sure, it's 380, but it's not a primary gun for me and we kept being told that the most important thing is shot placement...and I can shoot a G42 exceptionally well compared to any micro 9mm. That, and it's significantly lighter than the G43 while still being easier to shoot well. It's a very compelling gun to me, and I will likely never sell it.
    I’m with you. I’m on my 3rd G42, and I’ve learned my lesson. It’s the perfect NPE solution.

I had either one, or two G43s, I can’t remember. I can, however, remember that it was harder to run than the “this thing shoots itself” G42. I doubt I’ll buy G43 #3.

I vote for splitting around the 43 with a Gen5 26 and a G42. That just about covers it, for this low-speed, high-drag civvy. JMO.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post

The G43 is my favorite small gun. They shoot great for their size and mine have functioned 100%.

Just happened to see this thread come back up and also saw my response from 2019.

Four years later and I'm still finding the 43 very useful. It continues to run like I expect a Glock to run. I change the RSA a bit more frequently than I would with a 19 or 17. My change interval is every "Feels a little sluggish going into battery after a press-check" rounds.

My last range visit, I was again impressed with how accurate the little gun can be. Yes, between-shot recovery is a bit slower than a full-size pistol. There's no free lunch.

I added a striker control device and bought an Enigma holster for it. It's not my preferred way to carry but AIWB is about the only way I can do a tucked shirt and slacks.

I prefer the OEM flat floorplate magazines. My groups actually open up a tiny bit if I'm using a finger extension. The finger-extension mags are nice as reloads for the extra area to grab.

And the tip about using 115 grain for practice to match POI for 124 grain +P was 100% on the mark.

I like mine…

I’ve had a couple over the years. The latest will go with me in a bit to get some take out. It will be in a pocket. The 43 taught me a bit about shooting well, in that I changed my trigger finger position to shoot it well. I now place the first joint on the trigger. It is a “ minimal” gun with no dots, lights, bayonets, etc. Just 7 rounds and BOLD(orange front) sights.
    My earlier version I had a TLR6 mounted with no issues. This latest iteration I’ve put an NY style trigger spring in at Werner’s suggestion, and I believe it helps ME with this gun. I did his Patreon course with it successfully.
    No +P+ ammo for me in this, just a good 115-124 gr.projectile.
    I can also see the appeal of the G42, but I’m not quite there yet…

User Tag List