Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

LCR22.

If we’re talking some prepping-SHTF-bullshit then I want the pistol from Halo: CE.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

P226

Quote Originally Posted by Irfan View Post
    The question is: if you could only have only one handgun for the rest of your life, which gun would you choose?
    I'm lost at the number of variables that need to be considered.
    First and foremost, I don't know how much is left in the rest of my life. If someone knows, I'd appreciate this bit of info more than I can express here.
    In that allotted time, what other fun divisions will USPSA create? I just signed up for life membership, those fuckers will have to deal with me now for a bit. I intend to make that sport adult diaper friendly.
    Will dems pass no sunset mag capacity ban? Will my nursing home enforce no guns policy?
    Will someone discover a lost piece of evidence that 45 does kick 9's ass?
    Will I become too infirm to handle 45, that now is kicking 9's ass, and have to downgrade to 9 or worse?
    Will arthritis prevent me from being able to thumb cock my HK? God knows I can't pull that DA even now.
    Will US gun factories be all bought by Czechs and converted to make Skoda EVs? I mean, with one gun only I need my CS support. Speaking of CS, Staccato CS is my submission for this thread. Never had one or seen one but seems as good an option as any.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    So you can tell me where to find a quality SAA clone in 44 spl?

P30L V1

I think I could work with a Cimarron/Uberti old model P, they dont always show them on their site, though they do show the pre-war model P in 44 spl right now. Id change the grips at least to one piece or Colt Eagles.

It looks like they have some of the upgrades like coil hand spring and a couple other things they do on some models. This is the page for the same gun in 357 which I wouldnt turn down either. Availability seems to ebb and flow with current production, they dropped some things off their site they couldnt keep up stock on, they should fill in the gaps as they catch up.

Old model
    https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/mo...-4-3-4-in.html

Pre war
    https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/mo...4-special.html
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    So you can tell me where to find a quality SAA clone in 44 spl?

P30L V1
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/cima...s-75-cc-blued/
    How about this one? Cimarron imports good machinery.

This may be cheating but its a stupid question anyway. I'd keep my CZ P-01 with the 9mm slide, the .40 S&W slide, the milled 9mm slide, the red-dotted Kadet kit and the iron-sighted Kadet kit. 😁

This may be cheating but its a stupid question anyway. I'd keep my CZ P-01 with the 9mm slide, the .40 S&W slide, the milled 9mm slide, the red-dotted Kadet kit and the iron-sighted Kadet kit. 😁 Or maybe just a K22.

Revolver:
    Ruger Security six 2 3/4"
    Smith Mountain gun in 45colt.

<or>

Semi:
    Beretta 92x Centurion, 9mm, with a dual illum RMR.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

A good 5” railed 1911 with a rimfire conversion kit and a good assortment of ammo from ball, good hollow points, and some good field ammo like Lost Rivers. Not sure how feasible a red dot is on a 1911, but would prefer to have an ACRO on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irfan View Post
    if you could only have only one handgun for the rest of your life, which gun would you choose?
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I'm lost at the number of variables that need to be considered.
    Will dems pass no sunset mag capacity ban? ...... with one gun only I need my CS support.
    In such a scenario, will magazines and/or parts be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    3-4” .357, probably a GP-100, though a Security 6, L or K frame would work too.
    I'd probably go with a 4" GP-100 Match Champion. Built like a tank, slab-sided 1/2-lug barrel will shave some weight off the front end, and not dependent on magazines or the ammo to function the gun. Can be loaded mild-to-hot, can even practice with wax bullets.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List