Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SIG P226 XFIVE LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    Are you planning to install the rear back up night sight? I ordered one and FedEx lost it in shipping. Sig is going to send me another, but naturally they are on back order. That sig sight sounds pretty dandy!
    The Romeo2 has an integral rear sight notch. The height looks pretty reasonable, so I may call it a day depending on how close it is to zero.

Name:  IMG_0922.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  38.6 KB
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I shot several hundred rounds through the 226 X5 today, going back and forth between my AXG 320 (in full LO form with Lok brass grips, an Lockwood GGI 4.7 upper and a Springer mag well). The 226 X5 is a great shooting gun. When I shot doubles with it, the rounds were basically stacked. Looking forward to spending more time with it now that I have a rig set up for it. Trying to sort out 140 mags that will hold as many rounds as possible.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yesterday, I was slightly inconsistent in my technique for efficiently moving the thumb safety to fire at the right time without compromising my grip. In dry fire, I learned that I could acquire a normal grip and as my support hand joined and formed my final grip, the thumb safety came off without me having to use my thumb to press down.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yesterday, I was slightly inconsistent in my technique for efficiently moving the thumb safety to fire at the right time without compromising my grip. In dry fire, I learned that I could acquire a normal grip and as my support hand joined and formed my final grip, the thumb safety came off without me having to use my thumb to press down.
    I learn useful information on this forum regularly. Thanks for giving me good stuff to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The Romeo2 has an integral rear sight notch. The height looks pretty reasonable, so I may call it a day depending on how close it is to zero.

Name:  IMG_0922.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  38.6 KB
    Post pics when you get it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
    Post pics when you get it installed.
    Will do. Unfortunately, it is still on backorder at EuroOptic and may take months. However, I just uploaded my receipts for the pistol and optic for this promotion: https://www.sigsauer.com/consumer-pr...earm-and-optic

I'll see if the Sig will honor it since the pistol and optic were purchased separately but within the specified timeframe of 10/31 to 12/31/23. I read the fine print and it asked me to upload a receipt (implies single), and I was able to fit both optic and pistol receipts on the same picture frame. Time will tell. If they honor it, I should get a $200 rebate to the Sig Store that will probably be applied to a Romeo X Pro that will go on a P229 Legion SAO...

Hey @GJM,

It looks like you've bought several Sig pistols and optics recently. You may also be eligible for this promotion: https://www.sigsauer.com/consumer-pr...earm-and-optic
    Last edited by Sensei; 12-27-2023 at 12:13 PM.

Well, that was fast. Sig accepted my online rebate application and sent me a code for $200 off my next purchase. It took 4 hours as opposed 4 weeks.

Rather than send a P229 slide off for milling, I think that I’m just going to order an optics ready Legion slide. They can be had for about $100 more than the cost of milling after factoring in refinishing and shipping. These slides come with tall sights that I’ll probably transfer over to another slide since the Romeo X Pro co-witnesses with standard height sights when directly mounted to the slide.
    Last edited by Sensei; 12-27-2023 at 08:19 PM.

My wife and I spent some time shooting the 226 X5 more today. We both agreed that this pistol has a lot of potential. I do dislike the mag well, and wonder if a more competition friendly replacement is available.

Overall, I still shoot my AXG better, but the 226 X5 has a better trigger and cycles better for me. The trigger is enough better, it takes a few rounds to get used to a 320 trigger again with its longer reset. The AXG draws better, but that me part familiarity.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife and I spent some time shooting the 226 X5 more today. We both agreed that this pistol has a lot of potential. I do dislike the mag well, and wonder if a more competition friendly replacement is available.

Overall, I still shoot my AXG better, but the 226 X5 has a better trigger and cycles better for me. The trigger is enough better, it takes a few rounds to get used to a 320 trigger again with its longer reset. The AXG draws better, but that me part familiarity.
    Armory Craft makes one that is identical to the German mastershop and very similar to the one that came with your gun.

https://www.armorycraft.com/product-...g-p226-magwell

I just installed one on a P226 and can’t tell a difference between it and the X-Five.

The other option that is certainly wider is this one from 3D Printed Guns: https://3dprintedgungear.com/product...ainless-steel/
    However, I’m unsure if it fits the X-Five and have no personal experience with this part or company. You may want to email them about compatibility before taking a plunge.

User Tag List