Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2" and 2.5" K Frames Are Cool.

I have this one with box, docs, tools, and original wood numbered to the frame. 19-3 IIRC. Those are Ahrends purchased before they went on a permanent vacation.

In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I've had more than a handful of sweet K frames over the years, but they tend to come and go in my safe...
    Recently added this 66-4 (I prefer the dash 4 variant of the 66) and am eyeballing a model 19-7 snub.
    (will need to post pic later, as I cannot find the "manage attachments" tab that will allow me to post pics??!! Any help with this would be greatly appreciated)

Site Supporter
    66-4 with Eagle Secret Service boot grips.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_1877.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  32.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_1876.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  31.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_1875.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  55.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_1874.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  59.0 KB

LGS in the past several months has had more stock of interesting and useful used guns than I have seen in one place in years. Today, I brought this home, while internally debating a couple more, though I previously decided the two I got so far this year would be it for a while.

12-2. Looks to have been carried a bit, but shot very little. Holster wear on the anodizing in several places, some pictured.

As a regular airweight J frame carrier for the past two decades, and perpetual 4” K frame owner, this lovely thing is very cool. Full grip for a larger hand than the J will accommodate, but still light, and no IWB pinching from a 3” or 4” barrel. Light - does not weigh down the belt. Not a pocket gun, but I have a feeling that, while I thought I was adding to my K collection, it may be carried. That is what such a thing is for, after all: usable collectible.
    Last edited by Duelist; 02-02-2024 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    ...it may be carried. That is what such a thing is for, after all: usable collectible.
    Outstanding find. M12 is one of my collecting fetish's for decades now. I recently sent a 12-2 off to Nelson Ford for an action job and what returned is the best snub trigger on the most accurate snub I have ever owned. That one gets carried, found a vintage ankle holster for it or it goes in a Galco Underwraps bellyband.

As you cite, these are useful things meant to be used. I sold off the ones with the original box, tools, appear unfired, collector grade. Somebody else can admire them and never shoot them.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Before this weekend I had only one revolver in this category. Now I’ve got two. Name:  IMG_4103.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  58.7 KB
    I’ve had the 1974 2” M12 a while and love it. That’s the first thing I’d want if S&W did a K-frame Ultimate Carry line.
    The 1967 2” M15 I got this weekend at a local auction, while the old men were fighting each other for the .410 single shots and pump .22s. I picked up a Tyler T-Grip for it for $2 at the same place.

SMITH AND WESSON 12-2 2 inch

I’ve now shot my 2” M15 a few times. Although I’ve heard and read that the 2” 15 shoots like a 4”, I never took that very seriously.
    But it does.
    I have a 4” 15 that shoots pretty well, and this 2” does as well or better from the bench. Standing unsupported, I can shoot the 2” a little better each time so far.

I’m pretty sure it’s coming along to the Caleb Giddings revolver class I’m taking later this year.

Creepy little oddball, it is.

Name:  IMG_4259.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  78.5 KB

2” M10 I drunk bid on gunbroker several years ago. Hack job SB to RB conversion under the stocks. Ugly work. But I think it was only $350 IIRC. NICE trigger after a little honing.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Picked up this 19 snub to keep my 66 company!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Tag List