Page 660 of 684 FirstFirst ... 160560610650658659660661662670 ... LastLast
Results 6,591 to 6,600 of 6832

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

So, I didn't think I wanted to pro lifter, but after playing around twin loading a Mossberg 590 I have changed my mind. But I want it for three gun, and I have a 1301 Comp, and it is a 3.5" frame (3" chamber) so I need the longer one. Should hypothetically be easier to get, and not in competition with the G2 for parts. Oh well, I did the Notify Me, and it is no rush.

Site Supporter
    From the Shot 2024 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    ...Personally I don't have much of a fondness for the pro lifter....
    @LHS, would you be able to expand on that comment? I have a Comp and a Comp Pro, and I would rather load the Comp Pro with the Pro lifter. After 35 years with various pumps and autos, the Comp Pro is the first shotgun besides my O/U that I want to go out and shoot for fun. My wife, who HATES what she perceives as complexity in any aspect of shooting, prefers loading the Comp Pro.

I've been considering adding a Pro lifter to my current Comp, but if there are issues with the part that I haven't experienced yet, I'd like to know about them. Thank you.

the a300 handguard compatible with the 1301 with an adapter, I haven't had to.
    Maybe I missed it in another post when is the a300 to 1301 adapter going to be available?

Ia300 handguard compatible with the 1301 with an adapter, .
    When Is the adapter going to be available?

I joined the 1301T club this week, a MOD 2 followed me home.

I already had an SGA in the parts bin I took off my 590A1, so I picked up an adaptor, and a Zukhov hand guard kit.

After playing with that setup, I think I may end up going back to the factory furniture. Or at least the factory stock. The SGA adds enough weight, it changes the feel of the gun. I'll need some range time to figure it out I guess. I really like the factory hand guard, but even with the m-lok slots, it's lacking enough room for a light and sling mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimslow View Post

I already had an SGA in the parts bin I took off my 590A1, so I picked up an adaptor, and a Zukhov hand guard kit.

After playing with that setup, I think I may end up going back to the factory furniture. Or at least the factory stock. The SGA adds enough weight, it changes the feel of the gun. I'll need some range time to figure it out I guess. I really like the factory hand guard, but even with the m-lok slots, it's lacking enough room for a light and sling mount.
    Hell yeah, dude! It's a great shotgun.

I have the magpul with Aridus adapter. For me, the wrist angle works better for me. I never really noticed the rear weight, or thought about it. The damn thing just fits me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimslow View Post

Can you post some pics of the 2-piece mag tube cover! Just curious on how it works.
    Last edited by Pnut; 01-31-2024 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Can you post some pics of the 2-piece mag tube cover! Just curious on how it works.

At first look, it's kind of a PITA. The top is the threaded part, it interfaces with the bottom, via the pins. You have to hold them together until its threaded down towards he bottom.

Thanks for the pics! So I guess the relieved section it Beretta’s fix for the dreaded clamp movement.

I don’t know if your gun has this problem, but if you remove the mag tube spring retainer (the black plastic plug) you might be able to reliably load 7 rounds… but dealing with the 2 pieces and the loose spring might be a little more difficult.

Thanks for the pics! So I guess the relieved section it Beretta’s fix for the dreaded clamp movement.
    Many other makers, Nordic for one, have a similar relieved section. In this case doing the two pieces might make for some flexibility of using shorter or longer mag tubes or extensions. A friend has the long mag tube on his 1301T and wants/needs a few more rounds for three gun (8+1 is division capacity for TacOps) and this is simple with the short tube, not so simple for the long tube, but the long tube is a superior concept (IMO having an intersection in the mag tube only makes sense because that is the way it has always been).

but dealing with the 2 pieces and the loose spring might be a little more difficult.
    One day (at band camp...) I was trying to wrestle a spring back into a Nordic tube when I noticed the hole in the end of the tube. Not sure why it is there (drain water?), but I grabbed an old cleaning rod and dropped it down through the hole and through the spring and bada-bing, you could do it with one hand with your eyes closed. Would be simple and easy to drill a little hole in the plastic cap.

User Tag List