Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: DEA to reclassify Marijuana from schedule I to schedule III

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    My understanding is there are laws in place to deal with open consumption, similar to alcohol. I'm a sober guy so I have no dog in the fight but in my opinion alcohol destroys far more lives and causes a lot more destruction than marijuana. I think this issue has a large education gap, especially with older people. The idea of being ok with alcohol from any stand point (addiction, mental health, physical health) but not marijuana seems more fear based than anything based in reality.

I say ban them both. Come on guys, soberity is the way.
    I agree completely re: alcohol, and consider myself fortunate that I have never enjoyed drinking it.

Regulating open consumption addresses only part of the problem. I can tell you with 100% certainty that if someone is living in a marijuana vape-smoke-filled apartment, anyone in an apartment across the hall will be affected and perhaps impaired. This would not be public use.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I agree completely re: alcohol, and consider myself fortunate that I have never enjoyed drinking it.

Regulating open consumption addresses only part of the problem. I can tell you with 100% certainty that if someone is living in a marijuana vape-smoke-filled apartment, anyone in an apartment across the hall will be affected and perhaps impaired. This would not be public use.

And that is probably a hurdle we need to figure out as a community. Regardless of legality, tens of millions of Americans use marijauna for a vast variety of reasons. I recall one of the biggest points of prohibition of alcohol was the secondary effects of the drinking, not what it did to the induelger. Wife beating, murder, cheating, sinful behavior, etc. I am of the camp that I much rather have them tax it then the cartel continue to make endless money on marijauna.. I just feel as if we should worry more about fentanyl

100% certainty? If you count having to smell the odor of burned marijuana as “affected,” I’ll give it to you. Same as if people are smoking cigarettes constantly across the hall. Impaired because the people in the apartment across the hall are smoking in there? Absolutely not. That’s a silly idea unless those people are coming into your apartment and exhaling directly into your face whenever they take a hit.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    My dad was an alcoholic who took prescribed pain pills and other meds for years. I always found it funny how anti marijuana he was. Ill never forget him telling someone one day that if I smoked pot or became gay he would disown me, a mate of another race was a given. I guess those were the most dissapointing things he could think of. Its funny we are ok with folks drowning their sorrows every night. We are ok with folks walking around on prescribed mind altering drugs with all sorts of side effects and we turn up our nose at marijuana.

Its honestly scary that so many of the vehicles we share the road with are being operated by folks distracted by electronic devices and on pain meds, anti anxiety/depressants, alcohol and weed. It seems like everyone is on something.
    I know a lot of guys I served with who are either functioning or not functioning alcoholics. I also know several cops who drink very heavily but look down on the drunks and druggie they arrest. It's ironic because the only reason they view alcohol different is because it's legal and it's the drug they've chose. So I get it. I'm sober for a reason. I have watched alcohol almost destroy my life and lost friends due to suicide because of a drunken physcosis. I have a friend who is a huge gun guy who looked down his nose at a friend of mine who said he benefited greatly from using marijuana during therapy. The guy looking down his nose, He drinks nightly. It's just funny how peoples minds work.

Ps. Guy who used THC during therapy was able to quit a very heavy drinking habit and is now completely sober of everything. Also someone most here would refer to as a hero.

Pss. SSRI and other mental health drugs are scary as fuck to me. I watched a former team mate lose his mind because they did too high of a dosage for too long
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 05-03-2024 at 02:33 PM.

I could never understand why no one uses legalization as a means to push edibles over smoking. Breathing particulate/combustion products generally is not healthy but for some reason we always forget it. I remember when we basically banned smoking everywhere. Now we have to do it all over again.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    100% certainty? If you count having to smell the odor of burned marijuana as “affected,” I’ll give it to you. Same as if people are smoking cigarettes constantly across the hall. Impaired because the people in the apartment across the hall are smoking in there? Absolutely not. That’s a silly idea unless those people are coming into your apartment and exhaling directly into your face whenever they take a hit.
    My office is on the second floor above a retail store, in a unit which was designed as an apartment. The other 3 apartments typically have people living in them.

A few years ago, the landlord unwittingly admitted a tenant who was constantly vaping marijuana. One evening, I came to my office to work, smelling it in the hallway. I left four hours later, again smelling it in the hallway. At the time, I believed, as you did, that briefly smelling it for a few seconds in the hallway would not affect me in any way.

The next day, I felt like garbage. I did not want to do anything but sleep, and my wife tells me I was acting weird. I cannot understand why someone would actually pay to feel that way.

Fortunately the landlord was reasonably quick to evict that tenant.

It may seem ridiculous but I personally experienced it - including impairment.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I know a lot of guys I served with who are either functioning or not functioning alcoholics. I also know several cops who drink very heavily but look down on the drunks and druggie they arrest. It's ironic because the only reason they view alcohol different is because it's legal and it's the drug they've chose. So I get it. I'm sober for a reason. I have watched alcohol almost destroy my life and lost friends due to suicide because of a drunken physcosis. I have a friend who is a huge gun guy who looked down his nose at a friend of mine who said he benefited greatly from using marijuana during therapy. The guy looking down his nose, He drinks nightly. It's just funny how peoples minds work.

Ps. Guy who used THC during therapy was able to quit a very heavy drinking habit and is now completely sober of everything. Also someone most here would refer to as a hero.

Pss. SSRI and other mental health drugs are scary as fuck to me. I watched a former team mate lose his mind because they did too high of a dosage for too long
    Good points about alcohol, and impossible to argue with that experience. I have seen alcohol ruin a few people’s lives and come dangerously close to ruining others before they accepted Christ and started going to AA.

I can understand medical marijuana if it is truly medical. The opioids which have often been prescribed for pain are certainly not harmless. One problem with medical marijuana as currently administered is the quack doctors who will give a marijuana card to anyone claiming to have some condition or another just to get that card.

Public consumption laws are meaningless if they aren’t enforced. And at least here, they’re not enforced.

My office is on the second floor above a retail store, in a unit which was designed as an apartment. The other 3 apartments typically have people living in them.

A few years ago, the landlord unwittingly admitted a tenant who was constantly vaping marijuana. One evening, I came to my office to work, smelling it in the hallway. I left four hours later, again smelling it in the hallway. At the time, I believed, as you did, that briefly smelling it for a few seconds in the hallway would not affect me in any way.

The next day, I felt like garbage. I did not want to do anything but sleep, and my wife tells me I was acting weird. I cannot understand why someone would actually pay to feel that way.

Fortunately the landlord was reasonably quick to evict that tenant.

It may seem ridiculous but I personally experienced it - including impairment.
    This is actually pretty hilarious to read. Honestly, it is.

If you felt like shit and were "acting funny" the next day, that wasn't from second-hand inhalation on the day prior from something using a THC pen.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This is actually pretty hilarious to read. Honestly, it is.

If you felt like shit and were "acting funny" the next day, that wasn't from second-hand inhalation on the day prior from something using a THC pen.
    I do not know what they were using but that apartment was absolutely full of smoke any time they opened the door. It must have been a bigger vaping device.

User Tag List