Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP New Duty pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I think you're right that the magazine used a stock photo - these are from the Walther Instagram page...

Attachment 118221
    Attachment 118222
    Is it just me or do those look like absolute co-witness irons? They seem conspicuously tall.

DAMMIT now I want one of these PDPs. Is that just the PDP Pro Acro?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Is it just me or do those look like absolute co-witness irons? They seem conspicuously tall.
    They do. It’s stupid but europeans are not shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    [...] europeans are not shooters.
    That's a quite sweeping statement. Does it include Eric Grauffel?

Kind regards from Germany.

PS:
    Articles from Germany about the PDP for KSK:
    all4shooters.com/en/shooting/pistols/walther-wins-order-for-new-pistol-for-special-forces-of-the-german-armed-forces
    carl-walther.de/defense/news/spezialkraefte-ausschreibung

Maybe the high sights are for sound suppressors? At least they are called "suppressor height sights".
    Last edited by P30; 05-11-2024 at 05:02 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    This is a quite sweeping statement. Does it include Eric Grauffel?

Kind regards from Germany.

PS:
    Articles from Germany about the PDP for KSK:
    all4shooters.com/en/shooting/pistols/walther-wins-order-for-new-pistol-for-special-forces-of-the-german-armed-forces
    carl-walther.de/defense/news/spezialkraefte-ausschreibung

Maybe the high sights are for sound suppressors? At least they are called "suppressor height sights".
    I’ve shot with “special folks” from three NATO countries …. Their shooting was …. Not special.

Of course this pretty much sums up my most recent range day at work so…

Name:  IMG_6020.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  55.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    europeans are not shooters.
    I agree. There are exceptions of course, and every european country with a bit or firearms culture left (Austria, Czechia, France, Italy etc) will have a few of these gifted shooters. Mostly IPSC/3 gun competitors, with a couple enthusiast cops sprinkled in.

But both from an institutional and cultural standpoint they are not "shooters" or "gunfighters", they dont identify as such and have no interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    There are exceptions of course, and every european country with a bit or firearms culture left (Austria, Czechia, France, Italy etc) will have a few of these gifted shooters. [...] But both from an institutional and cultural standpoint they are not "shooters" or "gunfighters", they dont identify as such and have no interest in it.
    Thank you for acknowledging the exceptions. There's a wide spectrum of people in my country (like in every big group of people). I and some of my best buddies are enthusiastic sport shooters since about 30 years. The gun law in our country makes it not so easy, but we make quite a lot of it. I wish the gun law would be more libertarian here. But I'm not a gunfighter and don't want to be.

There are beautiful islands of firearms culture left here, but the mainstream media and most politicians in the government do not like or even hate it. The average Joe on the street does not care a lot. Firearm enthusiasts are an endangered species here but not extinct!
    Last edited by P30; 05-11-2024 at 07:08 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post

The utility of sound suppressors on pistols is, in reality (vs fiction), very limited. On an optic equipped firearm the optic is the primary sighting system.

Optics on pistols also function as “suppressor sights.” The iron sights are back ups to the optic, like “doughnut” type (reduced size) spare tires on cars. Excessively tall irons impede optimal employment of the primary sighting system. Impeding the primary sighting system to accommodate a low probability event (optics failure while using a suppressor) is poor judgment.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    I agree. There are exceptions of course, and every european country with a bit or firearms culture left (Austria, Czechia, France, Italy etc) will have a few of these gifted shooters. Mostly IPSC/3 gun competitors, with a couple enthusiast cops sprinkled in.

But both from an institutional and cultural standpoint they are not "shooters" or "gunfighters", they dont identify as such and have no interest in it.
    This sounds a lot like the Northeast (NY, NJ, CT, MA).

It’s very sad.

Site Supporter
    The US has a lot more competent shooters than Europe does, but has many more gun owners in general. I wouldn’t bet on the average American gun owner being more technically proficient than the average European gun owner. The former is more likely to be completely untrained and largely uninterested, whereas the latter has had to jump through more hoops with a specific use in mind, and is more likely to be a careful enthusiast.

They are separate issues, but this reminds me that Americans have more of a car culture, but man oh man do we suck at driving compared to Europeans. It’s not even close.

User Tag List