Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1114

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Site Supporter
    AFR has a video on J frame lubing and mentioned the UC. Last night I pulled the side plate and didn't notice any debris but aside from what migrated from my initial exterior lubing by shooting and dry firing it was pretty dry, so I lubed the recommended area's and did a shit ton of dry firing which eventually drives my wife nuts but, she's used to it. I swapped grips with my 642 Pro and put the 405's on the UC, dialed it in at 12yds and ran another 100 rd's of Federal GM WC, S&B 158 FMJ and Lost River WC, she's a shooter! I had witness marked the rear sight and found nothing moved without the set screw, I'll bet as noted up thread the dovetail is really tight, I'll call S&W on the screw tomorrow. The trigger has noticeably improved and it's breaking in nicely, the UC has bumped the Pro out of my pocket but unlike the A Holster the Desantis works but it's bulky, gotta see what A Holster can do for the rear sight clearance.

Fellow showed up at the Sporting Clays range today with a new 442UC and it appears to be just about everything I’d want in a snubby. My 65 year old eyes could see the sights, grips fit my paws and the action was a whole lot better than the DAO J frames I’ve looked at in the past.

I’m impressed and maybe in the market

Quote Originally Posted by Singh View Post
    Sounds like a Taurus.
    Strangely... this thread isn't about Taurus. And I've had to detail strip a new Gen5 Glock to clean crud out of the striker channel, so it's not like other manufacturers don't screw things up.

Unfortunately it's not 1908 anymore, and craftsmanship isn't what it used to be across many industries. But thankfully we have the internet to help people learn how to fix and maintain their own gear... and to give soap boxes to everyone who has something to say.

Give some, and take some, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    AFR has a video on J frame lubing and mentioned the UC. Last night I pulled the side plate and didn't notice any debris but aside from what migrated from my initial exterior lubing by shooting and dry firing it was pretty dry, so I lubed the recommended area's and did a shit ton of dry firing which eventually drives my wife nuts but, she's used to it. I swapped grips with my 642 Pro and put the 405's on the UC, dialed it in at 12yds and ran another 100 rd's of Federal GM WC, S&B 158 FMJ and Lost River WC, she's a shooter! I had witness marked the rear sight and found nothing moved without the set screw, I'll bet as noted up thread the dovetail is really tight, I'll call S&W on the screw tomorrow. The trigger has noticeably improved and it's breaking in nicely, the UC has bumped the Pro out of my pocket but unlike the A Holster the Desantis works but it's bulky, gotta see what A Holster can do for the rear sight clearance.
    My Aholster has no clearance issues with the 432 UC rear sight.
    Name:  IMG_2575.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  16.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_2576.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  70.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    My Aholster has no clearance issues with the 432 UC rear sight.
    Name:  IMG_2575.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  16.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_2576.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  70.2 KB
    Thanks, I'd been using my LCR Aholster with my Pro, worked fine but no clearance for the UC rear sight, just time for another holster I guess

Time to break out the Dremel cutting wheel.

A small notch on the upper part of the A-Holster absolutely makes the UC fit deeper into the holster. (Clear a path for the rear sight.)

The revolver will fit but not perfectly without this 5 minute job. Four minutes to find the Dremel and a file for clean up.
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    Time to break out the Dremel cutting wheel.

A small notch on the upper part of the A-Holster absolutely makes the UC fit deeper into the holster. (Clear a path for the rear sight.)

The revolver will fit but not perfectly without this 5 minute job. Four minutes to find the Dremel and a file for clean up.
    Put a dry cotton wheel on the Dremel and you can skip the file... The cotton will polish the edges with a light touch or even remove material with a higher speed heavier touch.

As a new owner of a 632UC, what does everyone suggest for target & defense rounds?

The only ammo I can find are WC & LRN.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  68.4 KB

No sooner than one showed up then the other that afternoon! 442-UC 38spl……..they like Precision One 148 WC FMJ……
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  68.4 KB

No sooner than one showed up then the other that afternoon! 442-UC 38spl……..they like Precision One 148 WC FMJ……
    Glad yours are shooters! Very cool looking combo.

i used to love that ammo, but after I got a squib load in my beloved 2” Model 12 with Precision One plated wadcutters I swore them off. They wouldn’t even take the rest of that ammo back from that bulk pack to swap for another batch.

User Tag List