I have had great results with my Shield Plus. Several thousand rounds of mixed ball, lead reloads and HST through it with not a single jam. I think of the stock safety on it more as an admin tool though for use maybe when loading and unloading that a normal thumb safety. I have never had it go on accidentally and it takes a conscious effort to use. I spent a lot of time with Hi Powers (and some with 1911 also) so I am eager to check out UNKs thumbsafety.

Great results also with my M&P Compact 22. Shoots everything and just works. Fun little gun and an excellent sub trainer. Several people I know have gone and bought one after shooting mine. Generally a good understudy for the Shield Plus, but unfortunately not close enough to share holsters.

I picked up a .45 XD-E with the thoughts of using it as a appendix carry dog walking / bike riding gun. I think they are discontinued now but they seem to be pretty cheap on the used market. VERY limited testing with only a couple hundred rounds through it so far but generally like it (big heavy bullets, light, flat, TDA and a 1911 style thumb safety).