Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Kudos to you, sir, as an instructor going the extra distance to assist a student. As to the holster, Safariland has an ALS holster out for a G48 w/light. I’m not at work, but we got a T&E to try, so that exists. Not sure about a bail strap…
    @Spartan1980 - respectfully disagree on the G44 lower being identical. The locking block is polymer, and the slide stop lever is different I suppose because of the 10 round .22 mag. Other parts do transfer like the mag catch…
    I shoulda looked it up in my armorers manual, but it was a long day. I was actually thinking of the bare frame. If you strip it down, you can rebuild it into a legit actual G19.

[QUOTE=BillSWPA;1578336]I just ordered one of these connectors. In this gun, I think it might be worth a try.

https://www.glockstore.com/black-ice...y=1&custcol5=1[/QUOTEe]

I’ve used that connector in 3rd Gen Glocks, not bad at all. Performance to cost wise my favorite aftermarket connector is the one that APEX makes (or has made for them) I just like the trigger feel better with them then all others.

With the 44 I’ve just accepted that no matter the connector or other trigger parts it’s just never gonna be as good as other Glocks, especially other Gen 5’s.

Let us know if it’s an improvement over your current set up, it’s certainly worth the low cost to give it a shot. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I let her hold my G48MOS and she said that was for her. I also told her to look at the G43X.

The problem with the slim frame is I dont think they make duty holsters for those models.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    As to the holster, Safariland has an ALS holster out for a G48 w/light. I’m not at work, but we got a T&E to try, so that exists. Not sure about a bail strap…
    You can take a "concealment" ALS holster and mate it to the high ride duty belt loop, which yields a mid ride. I've done this with a couple of 4" 1911 holsters, along with one or two "T" spacers for a little standoff.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    You can take a "concealment" ALS holster and mate it to the high ride duty belt loop, which yields a mid ride. I've done this with a couple of 4" 1911 holsters, along with one or two "T" spacers for a little standoff.
    thanks for the info.

she doesn't work for the same dept as I and they are everyone issued a G17. I don't know if they will allow exceptions.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I shoulda looked it up in my armorers manual, but it was a long day. I was actually thinking of the bare frame. If you strip it down, you can rebuild it into a legit actual G19.
    The frame is different. The locking block is a different size and shape. A G19 locking block will not fit in a G44 frame.

As anyone had any success with a light weight red dot on a dovetail mount? My dad’s won’t let him see traditional sight’s anymore. We have a Delta Point micro mounted up now. The pistol functions but it isn’t the easiest dot to use.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    As anyone had any success with a light weight red dot on a dovetail mount? My dad’s won’t let him see traditional sight’s anymore. We have a Delta Point micro mounted up now. The pistol functions but it isn’t the easiest dot to use.
    I went advantage arms optic setup for a .22lr on a g19 frame

I have two set up with Nelson Precision slides, one is an EDC slide and the other is an OEM style slide, both have Holsun 507c's mounted.

They work pretty much flawlessly using CCI MiniMags in both the 36gr 'Troy Landry's' and the 40gr 'AR Tacticals.'

Unless you are going to gut your current slide, you'll be close to $400.00 by the time you buy the slide ($279.00) and slide internals.

If you have a G19 or G17 frame the Advantage Arms optic conversion kits are currently $375.00 or $275.00 w/o the threaded barrel and 10 round instead of 15 round mags (California compliant).
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

If you wanted to try the lightest possible option in a dovetail adapter, I’d try this Riton:
    https://a.co/d/dPqJ0j6

I got one of these sights as a dealer demo and have run it on a 48MOS for the past 18 months and it’s been surprisingly trouble free. I’d consider it a good “range toy” grade optic.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=Crusader;1578432]
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I just ordered one of these connectors. In this gun, I think it might be worth a try.

https://www.glockstore.com/black-ice...y=1&custcol5=1[/QUOTEe]

I’ve used that connector in 3rd Gen Glocks, not bad at all. Performance to cost wise my favorite aftermarket connector is the one that APEX makes (or has made for them) I just like the trigger feel better with them then all others.

With the 44 I’ve just accepted that no matter the connector or other trigger parts it’s just never gonna be as good as other Glocks, especially other Gen 5’s.

Let us know if it’s an improvement over your current set up, it’s certainly worth the low cost to give it a shot. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for ya.
    I put the 3.0 lb. connector in today. The trigger pull still includes a very noticeable wall, but requires a bit less force to overcome the wall. It is definitely not a hair trigger. I will see how it works for my kids the next time I take them shooting. I would recommend this connector for a G44.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List