Page 3555 of 3569 FirstFirst ... 25553055345535053545355335543555355635573565 ... LastLast
Results 35,541 to 35,550 of 35681

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Name:  Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 4.21.21 PM.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  53.1 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Back in the way back when such things were hardcopies we had an expense report form with all of the travel rules printed on the back side of the form. And every time a certain collogue would get home from a trip one of the admins would come around with new forms with new rules and ask us for any copies we might have of the old form and the old rules and take them and shred them. Not saying that I never ever fudged something to cover the cost of what I actually spent or where I actually spent it (if anyone ever visited Windsor, ON in the eighties, they know what I am inferring...) but this dude took it to a new (eventually criminal) level. I don't know the exact circumstance of his separation from the company (I think he quit) but after him backing into the deal of a lifetime after only a short time on the job (and our boss persistently taunting the rest of it over the new guy's success) he eventually fell from grace as he became a one hit wonder that never followed up with anything else significant.

But when he quit or got fired (he probably milked the one big project until it ran out) he had just come home from a trip, and simply never turned in the rental car until right before the next credit card billing cycle when it would be apparent he had been driving the thing personally for almost a month, and even dropped it off trashed enough that the rental company charged extra for cleaning it. And our boss was embarrassed enough that his favorite son (not actually his son, but they were a couple fuck-ups also) screwed him he just paid the bill and brushed it under the carpet.

And to this day I remember this every time I file an expense report...
    Travel expenses.

We had a county exec for awhile that had a girl friend that traveled with him to conventions. He was married and his travel buddy was some hottie that worked in Humane Services. He used his county credit card pay for her travel and to order some sex toys that the hotel provided. Somebody saw that and started asking questions about authorized expenses. They dug a little deeper and found out who was with him. Eventually the county employee substantiated the affair when questioned. County jobs are hard to get. The end result is Readon resigned and moved out of state to start a new political career.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/p.../281-307857742
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Name:  56057f42.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  32.7 KB

Name:  4f2bd249.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  39.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I work with a guy who went to law school, but never passed the bar. He refers to himself as “Doctor,” which is not something that real lawyers do
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    A few years after graduation, one of my classmates went to Germany to visit her Oma. When she was there, people addressed her formally as "Frau Doktor..."
    One of my friends, who had only the most basic of charter captain license, persisted in referring to himself as Captain, including having his checks printed with it as a title, long after his license had elapsed because he had pissed off everyone in town that owned a boat and nobody would hire him.
    He is doing a lot better these days, if anybody anywhere ever needed to quit drinking, it was dis fuggin guy...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Name:  4f2bd249.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  39.9 KB
    That can get someone dead.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Name:  cybertruck.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  77.6 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Name:  IMG_7972.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  48.5 KB
    Optimists study English; pessimists study Chinese; and realists learn to use a Kalashnikov.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Name:  IMG_7972.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  48.5 KB
    That image is a well done remake of the original.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Name:  Sweet.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  51.0 KB

User Tag List