Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger 10/22

I decided to order the Williams peeps with the FO fronts - they were under $40 a set. I need to find some barrel dovetail blanks, but that’s easy.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Now I’m looking at my own 10/22 situation, lol. I have a heavy barrel 20” Ruger that I picked up last year for a cheap precision build with the idea of getting a KRG chassis, and a new Charger that I’m putting a brace on. Now that I belong to a real club, I suspect the .22s will get a lot more exercise. I always enjoy 100 yard rimfire shooting.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I started my kids shooting as soon as they could pull a trigger.

Initially I was fixated on them learning to shoot with iron sights. It was a total fail. They were not having fun and I was getting frustrated.

Then I put a dot on the gun, got some biggish reactive targets and that changed everything. At the first "ping" my kids were hooked.

My fears of them not leaning how to use irons proved wrong as well. Once they were competent with the dot, they wanted a different challenge and moved to iron sights. My son in particular likes cold warish military rifle and has really impressed me with his use of iron sights. With my A2, he is fantastic and he also rocks the AK and G3.

I've heard the analogy of shooting red dot/scope first vs. irons to be like learning to drive a car with an automatic transmission before stick shift. With driving there's plenty to learn with acceleration/braking, mirrors, steering, etc. that can get someone a good base and then add shifting later. So with shooting you can teach trigger, breath, body position, sight picture without adding in the extra wiggly variable of sight alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    One advantage to the AR style Tech Sights is that they can transition to EBRs later
    Now I’m looking at my own 10/22 situation, lol. I have a heavy barrel 20” Ruger that I picked up last year for a cheap precision build with the idea of getting a KRG chassis, and a new Charger that I’m putting a brace on.
    I did the Midwest Chassis and it is pretty cool also. If you wanted a precision build you could dress it out with some of the precision AR stocks and switch it around later if you wanted. It seems very short and light, simply dropping the heavy barrel rifle you have might be a cool approach.

Name:  MMc 10 22.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  57.3 KB

ETA: Shit, now I wanna build up another one with a heavy barrel and a maybe duplicate this light setup into a breakdown. That would make sense first if I ever got the integrally suppressed barrel.
    This damn place...

You all are now going down the 10-22 Rabbit Hole.

RimfireCentral.com is a good place for information, but realize it's not Pistol-Forum and the quality of info might not be the same.

If you want your 10-22 to be more accurate, send it to https://www.ct-precision.com/

The plot thickens, and brings joy to @Lex Luthier’s heart.

All three are Mannlicher stock versions. Two are stainless and birch (for the twins) and one blued and laminate (the Honey Badger’s which was purchased four years later.) Clarence had class when it came to firearms.

I really like the idea of peeps, if not Tech Sights maybe the Williams peeps with a FO front: https://shop.williamsgunsight.com/ec...er-ru22-001469
    Please do post pics of the rifles with the new sights mounted.
    They sound pretty nice.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    You all are now going down the 10-22 Rabbit Hole.

RimfireCentral.com is a good place for information, but realize it's not Pistol-Forum and the quality of info might not be the same.

If you want your 10-22 to be more accurate, send it to https://www.ct-precision.com/
    I’ve been a member there forever, but haven’t been stopping in there in several years. I’ve got catching up to do.

I don’t want to fall into the crazy build hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Please do post pics of the rifles with the new sights mounted.
    They sound pretty nice.
    They are, and I will.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Peeps or a red dot. We took a newbie adult shooter to the range with several .22 rifles and ARs. When she picked up the AR with the red dot, she immediately got how it worked - “This is just like a video game!!” - and made hits out to 200 yards. She had struggled with all of the other sighting systems.

I have one kid who can run peeps all day, and another who can’t do a thing with them and has to have a scope or red dot to hit anything further than arms reach.

Red dot is the “Easy” button, nowadays.

But a dot on a Mannlicher? That sounds like an abomination…
    Ken

User Tag List