Thread: Glock 30S trigger reset issue.

Glock 30S trigger reset issue.

I installed an SCD on my Glock 30S yesterday and found when I went to function check it that when I pull the trigger and then cycle the slide while holding it, the trigger does not reset, but it does reset if I dry fire and release the trigger before cycling the slide. I removed the SCD and replaced the factory backplate and the issue remains.

I’m going to detail strip it when I get home from work tomorrow but I was curious if anyone had seen this before and, if so, what the cause may be.

Don’t know if you did anything with the trigger bar, but if so, make sure the front of the “cross” is inside the notch in the top of the trigger spring hook. Otherwise, the SCD by itself has no impact on the reset.

I’m thinking it must be something that happened during the disassembly/reassembly process.

Quote Originally Posted by joker581 View Post
    I installed an SCD on my Glock 30S yesterday and found when I went to function check it that when I pull the trigger and then cycle the slide while holding it, the trigger does not reset, but it does reset if I dry fire and release the trigger before cycling the slide. I removed the SCD and replaced the factory backplate and the issue remains.

I’m going to detail strip it when I get home from work tomorrow but I was curious if anyone had seen this before and, if so, what the cause may be.
    That used to be the test to show that your recoil spring was worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    That used to be the test to show that your recoil spring was worn out.
    Thanks for the tip on that. The recoil spring assembly does appear to have some damage. Hopefully a new one will get it sorted.

New recoil spring assembly didn’t change anything, nor did a complete teardown/cleaning/relube.

Is it the 30s that can be a little more difficult than the rest of the Glocks?

The balance of the springs on all the Glocks can be a problem. I'd suggest replacing all the springs with factory new and see what happens. Are there any aftermarket parts?

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Is it the 30s that can be a little more difficult than the rest of the Glocks?

The balance of the springs on all the Glocks can be a problem. I'd suggest replacing all the springs with factory new and see what happens. Are there any aftermarket parts?
    It may be. IIRC, the 36 had a bad rep and this is a 36 slide on a 30 frame.

The only aftermarket parts are an SCD and sometimes threaded barrel, but the issue is present when returned to stock as well.

User Tag List