Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruger 10/22

Seriously, though - one of my 10/22s is a tossable little 18.5” taper fluted barrel thing with a PA RDS. If they have issues with the peeps, I can trial them on that.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I don’t want to fall into the crazy build hole!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I should logically keep all the nuttiness to one 10/22, the rest I’d be happier keeping simple. One thing I really like is the newer BXTrigger (well, new to me); other parts I’m likely to add are limited to replacement or modified bolt stops, action buffer pins and bigger charging handles. I don’t see spending Kidd or Volquartsen money on most 10/22 parts, a big part of the charm is how decent they are out of the box. I’m not competing at the moment, and doubt I will be anytime soon.

I inventoried my 10/22s and am ashamed. An Appleseed optimized 22” with Tech Sights, the Charger, the new LVT that is going in a KRG Bravo, a flyweight RDS equipped 18.5” and my original heavy barrel build that’s currently in a B&C Light Tactical and traditionally gets all the silly parts. 10/22s are like freakin’ potato chips, especially when acquired over a 40 year period.

The Appleseed rifle in particular was fun, but I quit shooting it (and everything else) when my life went all pear shaped in 2015 and didn’t pick it up again due to right hand positional pain from the traditional stock wrist. I should pop it in something like a MagPul MOE and get it back into harness. My new gun club has several ranges that I can use, from short distance ones I can start the kinders on out to a combined 50/100 range that is .22 friendly.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    But a dot on a Mannlicher? That sounds like an abomination…
    If that was your only 10/22, that might be something to be concerned with. Since you have more of them, and even examples with dots already, I would start with one of those for instruction purposes.

I should logically keep all the nuttiness to one 10/22, the rest I’d be happier keeping simple. One thing I really like is the newer BXTrigger (well, new to me); other parts I’m likely to add are limited to replacement or modified bolt stops, action buffer pins and bigger charging handles. I don’t see spending Kidd or Volquartsen money on most 10/22 parts, a big part of the charm is how decent they are out of the box. I’m not competing at the moment, and doubt I will be anytime soon.

I inventoried my 10/22s and am ashamed. An Appleseed optimized 22” with Tech Sights, the Charger, the new LVT that is going in a KRG Bravo, a flyweight RDS equipped 18.5” and my original heavy barrel build that’s currently in a B&C Light Tactical and traditionally gets all the silly parts. 10/22s are like freakin’ potato chips, especially when acquired over a 40 year period.

The Appleseed rifle in particular was fun, but I quit shooting it (and everything else) when my life went all pear shaped in 2015 and didn’t pick it up again due to right hand positional pain from the traditional stock wrist. I should pop it in something like a MagPul MOE and get it back into harness. My new gun club has several ranges that I can use, from short distance ones I can start the kinders on out to a combined 50/100 range that is .22 friendly.
    You need a take down too.
    I bought an LVT last year, my sixth 10/22. I was very pleased with how well it shoots Mini Mags.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I am starting to think I do...

I bought an LVT last year, my sixth 10/22.
    It is not a problem if you can quit anytime you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    If that was your only 10/22, that might be something to be concerned with. Since you have more of them, and even examples with dots already, I would start with one of those for instruction purposes.
    Good point - I can use my flyweight RDS one as a teaching gun, and then they can work up using their own carbines.
    Ken

I bought an LVT last year, my sixth 10/22. I was very pleased with how well it shoots Mini Mags.
    I’ve never had the need for a takedown - stop enabling!
    Ken

I didn't see it mentioned but upgrading the trigger and possibly larger mag release would be at the top of a short upgrade list.

And I vote at least one set up with quality RDS mounted as low as possible and possibly adding a foam cheek riser for an easy and consistent cheek weld.

Quote Originally Posted by strow View Post
    I didn't see it mentioned but upgrading the trigger and possibly larger mag release would be at the top of a short upgrade list.
    Ya know, I have maybe fifty years experience with that dang bolt hold open and it still frustrates me, I wonder if some chamber flags might be a good idea?

User Tag List