Thread: 9mm Conversion Barrel for a Glock 23

9mm Conversion Barrel for a Glock 23

I have a Gen4 Glock 23 and I still enjoy shooting it periodically. But, I’d also like to have the flexibility of shooting it as a 9mm. I’ve done this in the past but it’s been more than a few years.

When I started looking online for the 9mm conversion barrels, I was a surprised at the substantial variance in prices……more than $100 in some cases.

I’d appreciate some feedback from the herd here about your experience in this area, and especially the extent to which paying more makes sense.

Many thanks!!

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

I have a G27 that converted to 9mm using a Lone Wolf barrel. It shoots fine with no malfunctions. Since it is only a backup gun, The max distance I tested it at was 10 yards and it was as accurate as the factory 40 cal barrel.

Some people say you can use the 40 cal mags with 9mm rounds, but that wasn’t my case. The feed lips wouldn’t hold the 9mm rounds, and I didn’t want to trust my life on that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    I have a Gen4 Glock 23 and I still enjoy shooting it periodically. But, I’d also like to have the flexibility of shooting it as a 9mm. I’ve done this in the past but it’s been more than a few years.

When I started looking online for the 9mm conversion barrels, I was a surprised at the substantial variance in prices……more than $100 in some cases.

I’d appreciate some feedback from the herd here about your experience in this area, and especially the extent to which paying more makes sense.

Many thanks!!

George
    I’ve had good results with both Lone Wolf and Aim Surplus brand G23 40-9 barrels.

IMHO 9mm mags are a must for Glock conversions. I’ve had better results 9mm out of 40 mags with Beretta and SIG metal mags.

I’ve had the LW for 20 years. The G23 was the Glock I shot the worst, I’m not sure why.So it was a no brainer to convert. Snappy, yeah, not horrible…but not fun to shoot either. My conversion barrel has been 100% but only about 700 rds through it. .

I think it shoots a little bit softer, faster followups with the extra barrel weight vs my G19’s.
    [B]“An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest” - Ben Franklin

You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.”
    ― Edwin Louis Cole

Thanks….

Thanks for the feedback to my query….very helpful and encouraging.

I went with the Aim Surplus…..I’ve had a number of positive experiences with that company over the years…including a LEO trade-in G17 Gen5 last year.

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

I recently obtained a Glock 22 Gen 3 conversion barrel from AIM Surplus. Working well so far, but only about 100 rounds down it yet.

User Tag List