Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Agencies dropping Stacatto?

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    FWIW I know several officers around the area here locally carrying Staccatos. They are also firearms guys, and FWIW have had zero issues with theirs.
    Locally, Staccatos seem to have been bought mostly by the carriage trade and/or people willing to spend the money to keep up with same; they tend to be "firearms guys" as well, which is fortuitous. More power to 'em. Time will tell how committed they will be to the platform when the next upscale hotness comes along.

I do think the CS is a nifty little package, but the cost/benefit ratio isn't where I would need it to be for concealed carry even were I inclined to go back to cocked and locked. I scratch my 1911 itch with a big old range toy that I can enjoy... depending on the genre for social work and/or fussing over function would harsh this old man's buzz.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Locally, Staccatos seem to have been bought mostly by the carriage trade and/or people willing to spend the money to keep up with same; they tend to be "firearms guys" as well, which is fortuitous. More power to 'em. Time will tell how committed they will be to the platform when the next upscale hotness comes along.

I do think the CS is a nifty little package, but the cost/benefit ratio isn't where I would need it to be for concealed carry even were I inclined to go back to cocked and locked. I scratch my 1911 itch with a big old range toy that I can enjoy... depending on the genre for social work and/or fussing over function would harsh this old man's buzz.
    There’s no fussing over function. They work out of the box, just put oil on them and go. We’ve had zero issues with 40 guns issued to a wide array of skill levels.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post

As stated staccato’s work out of the box as long as you understand, it’s not a Glock.

what I mean by that is you’ve got to keep these things lubed and use decent quality ammo.

You don’t have to keep them spotless, but you do need to keep them wet.

I’ve had good luck with both the G2 and G3 magazines.

I've continued to shoot my C2 and have no issues with it. My agency will allow it as a duty pistol but we haven't qualified since I purchased it and will continue to shoot it. With the exception of the USMS discussion late last year that started this post I haven't heard of other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Ontario, CA via Instagram

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Very professional video. RMR HD, too.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

What did STI do during their rebrand that made their guns reliable?

I also notice you apparently don't need to shell out $140 for a mag that works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    What did STI do during their rebrand that made their guns reliable?

I also notice you apparently don't need to shell out $140 for a mag that works now.
    Improved the magazine design and contracted production out to an actual magazine manufacturer.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I’m curious if the newest total magazine redesign from the CS and now C will have an effect on reliability. My money is that we will see it migrate throughout the line, possibly as an option.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m curious if the newest total magazine redesign from the CS and now C will have an effect on reliability. My money is that we will see it migrate throughout the line, possibly as an option.
    While I wouldn't hold up the GEN3 Staccato magazine as a design worth emulating, it is already very reliable. I'm nearing 20,000 rounds across three Staccatos, and I haven't had a single magazine related malfunction. Of the four malfunctions I've had total across the three guns, I'm confident one was operator induced and another was ammunition related. Even factoring those in, reliability is still better than 4,000 MRBS, which I'll stack up against anything.

I agree the new design will migrate through the line, because it will allow for a more ergonomic grip, and let's face it - the 2011 grip is big. And the magazine has a lot of wasted space, regardless of how reliable it is when running the gun. Rounds will spill out if you drop a partially loaded magazine, and sometimes you can hear a round rattle around in there which is not confidence inspiring, regardless if the gun feeds. So I do think there are benefits to the proliferation of the C/CS magazine through the lineup - but I don't expect to see it in the reliability numbers I track, because they're already pretty good.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Here's some info on drops

Code:
      https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7XIlmNOCwi/?igsh=MXRxaXVpeDg1dWUwaA==
    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 05-25-2024 at 01:24 PM.

User Tag List