Page 208 of 209 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2082

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

TFB review of the new P365 Flux Raider chassis. Looks pretty neat. Sounds like an MSRP somewhere around $800. More expensive than the P320 chassis they make but that one is polymer and this one is aluminum so that’ll account for a lot of the cost difference.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    After I looked at the price of the chassis system and gun... I think that's exactly where I would be at. Plus all the benefits of a safety selector and much more usable brace or stock option.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I picked up a Century/MKE AP-5P back around Christmas and Form1'd it a couple of weeks later. Swapped out the extractor spring and ejector w/ spring for HK parts when new and it's been 100% so far with @ 1k rounds through it.

I bought a small, cheap Walmart backpack and reinforced/stiffened the bottom with foam to use as a discreet carry bag. I also have a 10.5" 5.56 AR with a LAW Folder and backpack set up, but this is a much smaller/lighter package that can actually be carried on your person and not look out of place.

I've gone through a few different brace/stock/handguard/light configurations, this is the current set-up...

Attachment 118564

Attachment 118565
    Hell yeah.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post

TFB review of the new P365 Flux Raider chassis. Looks pretty neat. Sounds like an MSRP somewhere around $800. More expensive than the P320 chassis they make but that one is polymer and this one is aluminum so that’ll account for a lot of the cost difference.
    This type of chassis just looks cumbersome. It works better AIWB than I would expect, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I wonder if it would work with a P250?
    That's pretty doubtful, as the 320 slide back plate is replaced to interact with the charging handle, and the P250 has a hammer there.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Well now. The MP320 showed up and has a pretty high chuckle quotient.

The brace they give you is 1/3 shorter than the old SIG braces but is otherwise the same design. I’m wondering if that was a response to something legislative? Trigger pivot to back of brace is 13.25”.

And the muzzle of a full size 4.7” slide is about 3/4” recessed, so a 5.5” barrel will do it. I’ll go threaded, possibly with a flash can.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I have no problem with a PDW in a pistol caliber for fun, but I want a PDW in a rifle caliber if it is something I plan to rely on for use as a defensive firearm. The Rattler has spoiled me in terms of power per inch.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Oh, definitely - this is just a toy that won’t displace my Rattler for anything serious.
    Ken

And “Power Per Inch” would make a great band name!
    Ken

One of my patented bad snapshots:

Name:  IMG_0472.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  62.9 KB
    Ken

User Tag List