Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Caleb strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I wonder if there’s a ball detent on the yoke.
    William Bell says it does in his online review for Athlon Publications.

PPC revolversmiths figured out this was a better way to lock the cylinder assembly for accuracy than the legacy S&W detent on the tip of the ejector rod. The legacy design was vulnerable to any deviation in the straightness of the ejector rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    They started as their own company (I think) making single action .22 revolvers. My sister had one of those in the '90's. Kind of the Jennings of SA revolvers back then: dirt cheap, well under a hundred bucks through Shotgun News, with all the build quality of a Yugo assembled end of day not just Friday but the Friday before a holiday weekend. Looks like Taurus acquired them about a decade ago. Not sure if the quality has improved but still see their single actions at box store gun counters like Cabelas sometimes. Look better made now than then but still not all that. Then again, that 90's era one has pretty well set an opinion that could be biasing me a bit...
    A couple years ago I bought a Heritage Rough Rider 6.5" SA 22 for $119.00 it had a mfg date of 10/2/20 on the box plus clearly marked 'made in USA' - I saw it on the counter at Dunham Sporting Goods and thought what the heck.

The thing is a dinger and doesn't spit much lead out the side which is kind of important if you are letting little grandkids shoot.

One of the things that I find nice about it is the kids seem to have just as much fun shooting it with a lot less of my rounds going down range.

I haven't shot a Ruger Wrangler, but from handling them, I think the Rough Rider would hold it's own at a 2/3 better price.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Straight from Caleb’s mouth. It’s a 1930’s noir revolver.

Need one of these photoshopped into the Jack Ruby / LHO pic.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

If this thing is a sucess, can we expect to see a complete set inlcuding “The Gat” and “The Heater?”

Asking for a friend...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Is this a rebadged Taurus or Rossi? It looks like Heritages new center fire lever actions are Rossi to me… with Taurus/Rossi owning Heritage I’d have zero problem with them using Heritage as the brand for 1930s and Cowboy guns….

I have a Heritage .22 (great plinker) and an older Heritage badged Pietta .45 Colt SAA myself.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    If this thing is a sucess, can we expect to see a complete set inlcuding “The Gat” and “The Heater?”

Asking for a friend...
    A New Service .44 Special, perhaps?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    The 'Piece'. Hated the term. Was in a class and a guy drew his gun and threw it down range. He said: "I threw away my piece" Duh.

I always thought that Taurus, after the Judge, should make one called the "Parolee". Might be market for it. Or the "Pardon".
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The 'Piece'. Hated the term. Was in a class and a guy drew his gun and threw it down range. He said: "I threw away my piece" Duh.

I always thought that Taurus, after the Judge, should make one called the "Parolee". Might be market for it. Or the "Pardon".
    I’m waiting for the “Judge, Jury, and Executioner” model. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I’m waiting for the “Judge, Jury, and Executioner” model. 🤣
    Followed by the “Zimbabwe” retro P-35 reissue.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List