Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olight Osight

Site Supporter

Olight Osight

Not the biggest Olight fan.

Big window and RMR footprint is nice. Not sure how I feel about relying on their proprietary plastic charger to charge its non-user servicable internal battery.

I’ve had great luck with Olight, but dropped them as a forum sponsor due to reported problems with their lights just to make sure, and plus I am a bad businessman and hate money. I think the era of cheap-ish, reliable red dots is upon us.
    #RESIST

Anybody else find it amusing that the Olight optic is on fire in the video's thumbnail image?

Either epic troll or epic ooof.
    David S.

My YouTube feed is full of people "testing" this sight.

I have one Olight, and it seems like a good quality light, but I'm not a fan of their proprietary charging system. USB cables are prolific, so if you lose one or forget to take it with you, it's not a problem.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Might be worth a try as the list price of $200 is reasonable.

I have a metric shit ton of their lights and I think they have their power management down pretty well. I've also dropped a mini Baton 4 stories onto concrete without a scratch so I believe they can make something Cowan-proof. My question is, if I'm foregoing a user serviceable battery, why wouldn't I just go with an SCS, which seems pretty well proven? When you need your dot seems like a bad time to find out it needs a charge.

Uhm, no, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    Might be worth a try as the list price of $200 is reasonable.
    Intro price of $160 is even more tempting. Through 5/21 midnight…not sure of time zone.

I ordered two to try out.
    <insert witty signature here>

That's gonna be a hard pass for me. I've heard enough stories about their weapon lights failing I'm not going to trust their red dot that uses some weird charging cover.

Red dot battery life is really damn good what problem was wireless charging really solve?

Sometimes the well is just poisoned.
    NCStar could release the best red dot ever conceived and it would be really hard to overcome their reputation. Same thing here.
    Holosun was able to move past this so anything's possible.

User Tag List