Thread: Forgot to degrease before applying thread locker

Forgot to degrease before applying thread locker

I forgot to degrease before applying thread locker to my Big Dot front sight.

Their was a little bit of oil on the inside of the slide, but the sight was fresh out of the package.

Did I well and truly fuck up (I mean other than using the XS sights...but I like them with an Ameriglo .180 U notch rear), or it not that bad and I'll just have to degrease/reapply thread locker if it works loose?

IME, they don't get loose, they disappear from the slide at a high rate of speed right after you fire a round.

I would disassemble, degrease and apply thread locker. Beats spending 30 minutes looking for that damn front sight.

Yeah...

The red thread locker is probably dry by now...that's gonna be an issue...

I've never in my life degreased anything prior to applying Loctite. I'm not saying that's right but I've never bothered. I've also never had a screw come loose after applying Loctite; red, green, blue, or purple. YMMV.

If you try to remove the screw without heat and it won't budge, you are good to go.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hopefully the lubrication will do its job and you'll be sporting some Warren two dots in no time
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Hopefully the lubrication will do its job and you'll be sporting some Warren two dots in no time
    In darkness, I already have that.

In low light, I have a big dot.

In good light, I have a big dot matched with a rear giving me much more feedback than the standard XS rear.

User Tag List