Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sniper's Hide Cup 2015 trophy rifle

Site Supporter
    I saw that the other day.

It would put a horn on a jellyfish.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Hey, I've tried. Even McMillan and Surgeon rifles. They all had so much play at the end of the bolt travel it made them feel junky. Like racking the side on a Glock. Way too much feeling of slop. I know it's intrinsic to the design, but that's the problem. :P
    The slop in the groups is what I'm worried about.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I've never wanted one in .308........
    Yup.
    .260, .300 WM, .338 LM and I'll start thinking about my credit limit...

Then the big questions...
    Where do I attach the LRF, NV, and UGL?
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

That's one gorgeous as hell rifle. Wish I had money, then I could get into the precision game. Alas, it's pistols, shotguns, and AR-15s for this poor sod
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Hey, I've tried. Even McMillan and Surgeon rifles. They all had so much play at the end of the bolt travel it made them feel junky. Like racking the side on a Glock. Way too much feeling of slop. I know it's intrinsic to the design, but that's the problem. :P
    The PRS matches are a blast, and the folks that you meet and shoot with are absolutely great. I can attest, firsthand, that shooting PRS level and state club matches have driven my rifle shooting to a place that I never thought possible. The combination of stage designs, time constraints, stress fire, and working out solutions to complex shooting positions/scenarios and wind conditions forces you to be a better shooter. I'm hooked!

That said, given that every match is typically 2-3 days long, in the field, under any and all weather conditions, you want the bolt to have some play in it. Too tight (new Stillers, etc...) and it's less than ideal to run a bolt fast, especially when you have dust and other garbage in your raceways. Surgeon addressed this with "borden bumps", so the bolt runs like greased lightning, but locks up tight when closing. Defiance doesn't have the bumps to my knowledge, but has designed their actions to fit somewhere in the middle...add a coating of ion bond and a little grease, and the bolts run fast and slick and locks up tight. My stiller based 223 took about 3000 live fire rounds, and countless dryfires to loosen up to where I can run it fast and not have the bolt bind.

Either way, come out and shoot a match. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and your long gun skills will improve drastically.

That gun is gorgeous.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Yup.
    .260, .300 WM, .338 LM and I'll start thinking about my credit limit...

Then the big questions...
    Where do I attach the LRF, NV, and UGL?
    There are many chassis options for a bolt action that will allow you to do this.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List