Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Nice write-up. [emoji106]

I'm signed up for the AUG Operator's course later this month. Brian offered the Armorer's Course with an LE discount for the following Monday, but I'm unable to take off work.

Is this a retail display at their HQ available that's available to the public, or just storage for warranty and website sales? I'm local (across town) to them but have never been by their place.
    No retail sales at Steyr HQ. AUG assembly, warranty work, etc are done from the facility. You'll learn a lot from Brian. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    why did you end up going with the heresy over the steyr?
    Couldn’t get anything else.
    #RESIST

Shot the AUG Saturday with the new gas plug. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to quickly tell the plugs apart, but it’s easy - the suppressed one has a scalloped edge. Scalloped = suppressed.

It was a quick session, so only about 50 rounds of XM193 suppressed through a YHM Turbo T3. I have the retro donut of death 1.5x, and I noticed minimal POI change between suppressed and unsuppressed.

The manual of arms is different enough from an AR that this will never be more than a toy for me. But a very fun toy.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Steyr red springs - yea or nay? The trigger was bothering me Saturday, I’m developing a tremor and the trigger weight didn’t help matters. Not quite two men and a small boy country, but getting close.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter

Yes to the red springs

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Steyr red springs - yea or nay? The trigger was bothering me Saturday, I’m developing a tremor and the trigger weight didn’t help matters. Not quite two men and a small boy country, but getting close.
    Yes, absolutely. It dropped the trigger weight in my AUG considerably. Also, you'll find the trigger improves a bit with round count.

Still interested in a factory .300 BO AUG if anyone sees one.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Still interested in a factory .300 BO AUG if anyone sees one.
    Would this work? Steyr AUG A3 M1 .300AAC rifle W/ Steyr 1.5x optic & Steyr AUG 20" Interchangeable .223/5.56 barrel for $1999.99. Perhaps sell the .223 barrel for $300 to offset the price?
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/stey...ext300sp2.html
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 05-07-2024 at 08:34 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I initially installed the 20/20 sear and it eliminated most of the take-up and all the over travel of my factory trigger. A few weeks later I installed the red springs and it dropped the pull weight from @ 9 lbs. to just under 6 lbs. So far, I'm loving this combination.

Site Supporter

Good 300 BO Introductory Video

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Would this work? Steyr AUG A3 M1 .300AAC rifle W/ Steyr 1.5x optic & Steyr AUG 20" Interchangeable .223/5.56 barrel for $1999.99. Perhaps sell the .223 barrel for $300 to offset the price?
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/stey...ext300sp2.html
    Yup, bought it 😎
    #RESIST

User Tag List