Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Smith & Wesson SD9 VE

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Yep, saw you had squaded. They're decent, new MD is learning. Some solid stages and a few gimmicks in the past, but overall good trigger time.
    How many rounds will I need?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Typically you're bringing rounds home if you plan 75 rds each. However, I have seen guys dump 90 rds on a 100yd spinner. That thing is no joke.
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

@Lon Plan to shoot that at tomorrow's match with me and @mmc45414?
    2 gun? Depends. I’m waitlisted for the Oxford USPSA match. If I get bumped to a spot I may do that. Haven’t been to one of these 2 gun matches. They any good?
    Yep, saw you had squaded. They're decent, new MD is learning. Some solid stages and a few gimmicks in the past, but overall good trigger time.
    I think they are a ton of fun. The kettlebell thing was a bit of a gimmick, but I was OK with that, even though I was doomed by it. Guys over forty got a lighter, 25lb KB, I think 60+ shoulda got a softball...
    Typically you're bringing rounds home if you plan 75 rds each.
    For four stages I bring four full rifle magazines and my normal six full pistol magazines and they all come home with plenty of rounds left in them.

However, I have seen guys dump 90 rds on a 100yd spinner. That thing is no joke.
    Hey, I am right here, I can hear you...
    Seriously, the most I probably dropped on one stage was the time we had to do that pistol spinner, and I started with the 23rnd mag and did have to change and used a few extra rounds to finish it.

I’m seriously considering using this setup in the Rangemaster Master Instructor class I’m taking at the end of June. We’ll see.

Name:  IMG_5214.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  84.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_5215.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  89.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_5216.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  61.5 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Site Supporter
    Spring with blue paint is the SD9 spring.
    Attachment 117956
    While I had my trigger out, I tweaked on the slide stop tab to see if it would help with hold-open....afterwards, it was locking back about 25% of the time. I swapped springs from some new, unused G17 magazines (oddly, unlike the above pic my Glock springs were the same length as the S&W springs).

It now solidly locks back 100% of the time...and the Glock magazines function and lock back 100% in my G22 w/ 9mm barrel with the S&W springs installed. I'll be ordering some replacement Glock springs shortly, but I think they'll function fine as range mags in the meantime.

Ameriglo BUIS came in today

Name:  IMG_5313.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  92.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_5316.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  26.2 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List