Page 809 of 811 FirstFirst ... 309709759799807808809810811 LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,090 of 8101

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.wkrg.com/northwest-flori...puty-ocso/amp/

U.S. Air Force Senior Airman shot, killed by Okaloosa County deputy: OCSO
    Deputies entered the wrong apartment. This is the same department that shot up its own patrol car when an acorn fell.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Deputies entered the wrong apartment. This is the same department that shot up its own patrol car when an acorn fell.
    I was suspicious of the lack of detail in the initial reports.

Lots of questions:

How did the deputies enter the apartment?

Was the door unlocked ? Did he open the door ? Did they force entry ?

Cops going to or being sent to the wrong address happens frequently.

However, the fact that this is the acorn department definitely raises more questions.

Turn Lane.

Car thief stops in turn lane at red light.
    Shoots at pursuing police car.
    LEO(s) shoot back with rifles.

https://www.azfamily.com/2024/03/26/...n-suv-suspect/
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Link to body cam footage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKLxdAnhXSM

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    So the door was the one the witness reported (1401) and the Deputy twice announced "Sheriff's Department open the door" before the airman opened it. It doesn't look like the airman raised his pistol, but it was clearly in his hand when he was shot:
    Name:  Screenshot_20240509-143645.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  17.1 KB

Site Supporter
    So the door was the one the witness reported (1401) and the Deputy twice announced "Sheriff's Department open the door" before the airman opened it. It doesn't look like the airman raised his pistol, but it was clearly in his hand when he was shot:
    Name:  Screenshot_20240509-143645.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  17.1 KB
    The gun is in his hand but it’s clearly down at his side pointing at the floor. It’s not illegal to answer the door with a gun in your hand and I don’t see any other articulable threat. The airman‘s behavior and response is pretty casual.

My impression of the deputies response is “fear biter.”

Given the fact that the same department just had another rather infamous, fear, biter incident, the deputy who overreacted to the acorns hitting his patrol car, I have to wonder, does this agency have a problem with selection and retention of fear biters, or are they creating fear biters through bad training?

You can create fear biters through bad training in both humans and canines.

Or both?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The gun is in his hand but it’s clearly down at his side pointing at the floor. It’s not illegal to answer the door with a gun in your hand and I don’t see any other articulable threat. The airman‘s behavior and response is pretty casual.
    Any one of us who shot somebody who had a gun in their hand that was pointed at the floor (and finger off the trigger) would be a guest of the state Crossbar Hilton for the next couple of decades.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Any one of us who shot somebody who had a gun in their hand that was pointed at the floor (and finger off the trigger) would be a guest of the state Crossbar Hilton for the next couple of decades.
    Maybe, but I'm not so sure I would agree with that as a general statement as I can envision a situation(s) where it would be justifiable. YMMV.

Not saying this was a good shooting, I don't know and it certainly doesn't appear to be based on the video and facts that have been released. Shooting was not the appropriate response at the point at which it occurred, IMO. Given the fact this is the "acorn agency" I concur their are likely issues with hiring, retention, training, culture, or some or all of the above. Also agree strongly that there appears to be a huge number of "fear biters" these days, not just with respect to this agency, but in LE as a profession. It is evident in many BWVs of OISs.

Ben Crump is there now. I'm guessing there will be a large payout and maybe even a DOJ investigation in the future. Regardless, I hope the agency figures out what their problems are and addresses them. The citizens there deserve better.

Just because you can justify shooting someone does not mean that you must shoot them.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Site Supporter

Suspect in Moses Lake Motel Fires 2 Guns Simultaneously During Shootout With Police

Moses Lake, Washington — On May 4, 2024, at around 8:20 p.m., officers with the Moses Lake Police Department responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at the Motel 6 in Moses Lake. Body camera footage shows the suspect, 37-year-old Zachary Allen Stockton, locking himself in a room. According to a probable cause affidavit, Stockton had threatened to kill his girlfriend for allegedly cheating on him and allegedly pointed the barrel of a gun at her chest. During the confrontation, the victim managed to message or call someone from her phone, directing them to contact 911. Moses Lake Police Sgt. Adam Munro was the first to arrive at the scene with Officer Todd Taylor in tow.

The footage shows Sergeant Munro attempting to negotiate with the suspect, pleading with him not to shoot. Almost immediately after, Stockton exited the motel room with two guns, open firing at police. Multiple rounds of shots were fired from Stockton until both Sgt. Munro and Ofc. Taylor returned fire, hitting Stockton and incapacitating him. He was then taken into custody. Stockton was treated at a hospital and was later jailed in Grant County. According to court documents, Stockton is being held without bail and faces three counts of first-degree assault, one count of second-degree assault and unlawful possession of a firearm. A vehicle used for cover during the incident was found to have eight bullet holes, attributed to shots fired by Stockton.

During the incident, Sgt. Munro was shot through the foot. He had surgery Sunday and is recovering. Sgt. Munro has been with the Moses Lake Police Department for 14 years. He is a firearms instructor and a former member of the regional SWAT team. Sgt. Munro is also a veteran of the United States Air Force. Ofc. Taylor has been with the Moses Lake Police Department for six years. He serves as a field training officer. Prior to working for MLPD, Ofc. Taylor worked at the Grant County Jail for 15 years. He is a United States Marine Corps veteran.

User Tag List