Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caleb strikes again

Caleb strikes again

Heritage Manufacturing is releasing a line of blued steel, wood stocked 5 shot .38 +P rated revolvers called “The Roscoe”.
    These are supposedly based on the Taurus 85. Tam announced that she has a review in the upcoming issue of Recoil
    magazine.

https://heritagemfg.com/revolvers/heritage-roscoe
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Interesting. I’m not sure I like that the exposed ejector rod isn’t latched at the front, that is something I’ve never liked about a lot of classic Colts. At least they gave it a protective guard.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Heritage Manufacturing is releasing a line of blued steel, wood stocked 5 shot .38 +P rated revolvers called “The Roscoe”.
    These are supposedly based on the Taurus 85. Tam announced that she has a review in the upcoming issue of Recoil
    magazine.

That 3 inch is sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Interesting. I’m not sure I like that the exposed ejector rod isn’t latched at the front, that is something I’ve never liked about a lot of classic Colts. At least they gave it a protective guard.
    Agreed here, but also, front sight fixed, etc.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Site Supporter
    Nice looking for the glove box of your time machine to the past. If there's a market, I guess.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Nice looking for the glove box of your time machine to the past. If there's a market, I guess.
    One would have looked good in the glovebox of my ‘65 Skylark.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    magazine.

Saw that a couple days ago, in a YT video by some influencer type that I don't usually watch. Nothing on the Heritage site then. It's there now.

Everything up the the barrel looks like pure Taurus Model 85. Unshrouded ejector rod. The lug thing at the front doesn't have a plunger that latches into the ejector rod. Taurus-s use a detent on the crane.

It would be nice if they could have used the current pinned front sight arrangement. (It doesn't look like it, anyway.) Not a deal killer.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    3" For the win. It can hold a space right next to my 3" Viper.

I am very pleased to see more and more wheel gun being released.

Site Supporter
    Those are styled to look very much like the Smith & Wesson Chief's Special, IMO--I wonder what the "Street Price" will be?

It does look odd with that gap between the rod and lug.

I’ll pass.

A modern revolver with an exposed and floating ejector rod is just stupid.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List