Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taurus Deputy Centerfire Colt SAA Clones

Cowboy regulators.

I'm your huckleberry.

I've been to Tombstone. Met Wyatt Earp in person.

These two hombres took exception to something I said.

I would like to look at one but none are showing up at the big box dealers here.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-04-2024 at 10:01 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

With that “Arthur I” thing starting to make itself felt, in the second knuckle of both of my trigger fingers, during my long-stroke double-action dry fire routine, well, single-action sixgunning is getting a fresh look… Well, actually, I just stopped my DA dry-fire routine, this past week. (I will give it a rest, and then, slowly resume with just my smaller-frame DA revolvers, which have a different geometry, a different finger placement, and so a different dynamic.)

Yippee Ki Yay, and all that…

I have several US Firearms Single Actions, a Standard Manufacturing, and a Ruger Blackhawk Bisley. No experience, yet, with any Tauri.
    Last edited by Rex G; 05-05-2024 at 07:42 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    With that “Arthur I” thing starting to make itself felt, in the second knuckle of both of my trigger fingers, during my long-stroke double-action dry fire routine, well, single-action sixgunning is getting a fresh look… Well, actually, I just stopped my DA dry-fire routine, this past week. (I will give it a rest, and then, slowly resume with just my smaller-frame DA revolvers, which have a different geometry, a different finger placement, and so a different dynamic.)

Yippee Ki Yay, and all that…

I have several US Firearms Single Actions, a Standard Manufacturing, and a Ruger Blackhawk Bisley. No experience, yet, with any Tauri.
    rip to US Firearms; still can't believe how they went out.

What do you think of that Standard?

For the sake of not derailing the thread: I am definitely interested in the Deputy! I just realized - especially after watching a video on YT to confirm - that despite adding the transfer bar, they otherwise left the manual of arms for it like an SAA. I grew up with a retrofitted Blackhawk in .30 Carbine in the household, so this is exactly what I'm used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    rip to US Firearms; still can't believe how they went out.

What do you think of that Standard?

For the sake of not derailing the thread: I am definitely interested in the Deputy! I just realized - especially after watching a video on YT to confirm - that despite adding the transfer bar, they otherwise left the manual of arms for it like an SAA. I grew up with a retrofitted Blackhawk in .30 Carbine in the household, so this is exactly what I'm used to.
    Yes, it is a shame that the owner of USFA seemed to have just stopped caring, and let USFA fall apart. The Standard is certainly well-fitted and well-finished. I have yet to shoot it.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Yes, it is a shame that the owner of USFA seemed to have just stopped caring, and let USFA fall apart. The Standard is certainly well-fitted and well-finished. I have yet to shoot it.
    Those are both on the larger Uberti-size frame I think? USFA sold off their single action revolver machinery to finanace the Zip gun. Standard started producing US-made guns, on the same Uberti-size pattern, in roughly the same place (CT) around that time. Which seems awfully coincidental.

Idle curiosity... anyone know if the Taurus is Colt or Uberti size?

Also Tombstone is a blast. Worth the trip if you're in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Idle curiosity... anyone know if the Taurus is Colt or Uberti size?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Modern SAA clone grips will fit. Dimensionally, the gun is basically the same size as a modern Colt SAA, so it's smaller than the Vaquero by a bit
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List