Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MAC 1911-9 DS

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It appears to mate well with the color and lines of the gun. Any obnoxious work to fit?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

There's something called a "down stop fitting pad" that I've never encountered before. It's an oversized part of the blocking lug that you can fit to account for oversized frame cuts. I had to file in this place so that it would fit inside the frame with the hammer and sear removed. Then it was regular fitting on the blocking lug as usual.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 10.19.39 PM.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  101.7 KB
    https://www.harrisoncustom.com/image...une%202016.pdf

It took an extra 10 minutes to figure out and fit, but the end result is -exquisite-

What a part. Oh man. I want everything they sell now.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Quote Originally Posted by 60167 View Post
    There's something called a "down stop fitting pad" that I've never encountered before. It's an oversized part of the blocking lug that you can fit to account for oversized frame cuts. I had to file in this place so that it would fit inside the frame with the hammer and sear removed. Then it was regular fitting on the blocking lug as usual.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 10.19.39 PM.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  101.7 KB
    https://www.harrisoncustom.com/image...une%202016.pdf

It took an extra 10 minutes to figure out and fit, but the end result is -exquisite-

What a part. Oh man. I want everything they sell now.
    Harrison has become my first choice due to things like this.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Made it to 1000. No clean, only lube. Some grit has come off, but it has been incidental to a few detail strips to get some parts adjusted precisely to my liking.

The only 4 malfunctions occurred in the first 250-round range trip. I loosened the extractor and it's been solid since. I even had 100% function with two mags of Hornady Critical Duty. I'm satisfied enough to carry this gun or trust it in a match.

Today was a 400 round training session. I ran it pretty hard- I even broke my personal Bill Drill record of 1.67.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Quote Originally Posted by 60167 View Post
    Made it to 1000. No clean, only lube. Some grit has come off, but it has been incidental to a few detail strips to get some parts adjusted precisely to my liking.

The only 4 malfunctions occurred in the first 250-round range trip. I loosened the extractor and it's been solid since. I even had 100% function with two mags of Hornady Critical Duty. I'm satisfied enough to carry this gun or trust it in a match.

Today was a 400 round training session. I ran it pretty hard- I even broke my personal Bill Drill record of 1.67.
    Man a clean all alpha 1.67 bill is no joke. Nice shooting

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Man a clean all alpha 1.67 bill is no joke. Nice shooting

Thanks! I think this was due to the comparatively lighter commander gun vs a big heavy 5" Prodigy front end. It's the perfect mix between weight and light SA trigger to get this done.

Name:  IMG_0356.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  76.6 KB

1400 rounds. It's been 1200 since last malfunction so I'm feeling pretty good. I won't update again until I hit 5k or if something notable happens. Seems like these posts are of interest to only a handful of you guys anyway.

A this point I think this is a good gun.

@60167
    I’m definitely interested in your reports. I haven’t posted anything about my MAC, since I only have about 150 rounds through it. I mounted a Holosun 407 to it, and it kept coming loose every 30-50 rounds. I think the screws were just barely too long, and were bottoming out on the plate just enough to prevent them from fully securing the optic. I ground the screws down just a hair, and remounted the optic-so far so good with that.

I swapped the recoil and main spring out for a 14lb and 19lb, respectively, and tweaked the sear spring to clean up the trigger break. I also fit a Staccato “gunsmith fit” flat trigger, to bring the trigger reach back to where I want it. I hope to get some more rounds through it this week.

User Tag List