Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Staccato C

Anyone with a CS and a C2 that can compare grip lengths ? Saw a YT review of both the short/CS sized grip and the full sized grip 2024 C... And the reviewer raved about the full sized grip one and felt the short/CS grip was redundant. I have a P and a C2. The P with the Dawson magwell that came with it feels great but too big to carry concealed and the C2 grip length is ok, the slide is tall and I would t want the grip to be any shorter. It's my understanding the CS grip/short C grip is slightly shorter than the C2s grip? I'm thinking about picking up a new C this summer but unsure of grip length

Quote Originally Posted by heyyouduh View Post
    Anyone with a CS and a C2 that can compare grip lengths ? Saw a YT review of both the short/CS sized grip and the full sized grip 2024 C... And the reviewer raved about the full sized grip one and felt the short/CS grip was redundant. I have a P and a C2. The P with the Dawson magwell that came with it feels great but too big to carry concealed and the C2 grip length is ok, the slide is tall and I would t want the grip to be any shorter. It's my understanding the CS grip/short C grip is slightly shorter than the C2s grip? I'm thinking about picking up a new C this summer but unsure of grip length
    I don’t have both, but we were just discussing what I suspect is that video review in another thread. I personally think I will end up with the shorter CS grip if I get a C for several reasons. In me, it was about a half pinky’s width shorter than the C2 grip and just right for my hand size. The circumference of the CS grip is a much bigger deal for me - compared to the CS I don’t like the C2 at all.

I think this is going to be a try before you buy situation for most people, myself included.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I don’t have both, but we were just discussing what I suspect is that video review in another thread. I personally think I will end up with the shorter CS grip if I get a C for several reasons. In me, it was about a half pinky’s width shorter than the C2 grip and just right for my hand size. The circumference of the CS grip is a much bigger deal for me - compared to the CS I don’t like the C2 at all.

I think this is going to be a try before you buy situation for most people, myself included.
    thanks. I've only held the CS once briefly, but can't remember exactly the length of the grip. C2 grip is too fat for me as well. Definitely will have to try to feel both at a store.

I love the form factor. I really wish others would consider the “micro 2011” concept. I would love major manufactures to get on this bandwagon. My Prodigy is crazy accurate, I can see, hit at 25 yards! It is crazy accurate at practical distances. It is too big to carry day to day. I would love a skinnier lighter weight version, but without the Staccato price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I love the form factor. I really wish others would consider the “micro 2011” concept. I would love major manufactures to get on this bandwagon. My Prodigy is crazy accurate, I can see, hit at 25 yards! It is crazy accurate at practical distances. It is too big to carry day to day. I would love a skinnier lighter weight version, but without the Staccato price point.
    Silly question by me but can't all modern day pistols hit out to 25 yards super easily with an optic (say all black on a b8)

B/c steel at 100 to 150 isn't hard with an optic either.

Would also argue a 2011 is same accuracy as all.other handguns at practical distances. Just easier to hide user error on a 2011 trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Also check out an alpha foxtrot s15

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Also check out an alpha foxtrot s15
    I hadn’t noticed that one before. Too bad their website sucks for real info.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Silly question by me but can't all modern day pistols hit out to 25 yards super easily with an optic (say all black on a b8)

B/c steel at 100 to 150 isn't hard with an optic either.

Would also argue a 2011 is same accuracy as all.other handguns at practical distances. Just easier to hide user error on a 2011 trigger.
    This has not been my experience. At 25y with an optic the 1911/2011s are superior accuracy wise to most other pistols. The VP9L is close. I would rate them ‘11s>VP9L>VP9, P30, M&P45>G5 glocks, P365>Glocks, P320. I would also say that order can shuffle quite a bit with ammo selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    This has not been my experience. At 25y with an optic the 1911/2011s are superior accuracy wise to most other pistols. The VP9L is close. I would rate them ‘11s>VP9L>VP9, P30, M&P45>G5 glocks, P365>Glocks, P320. I would also say that order can shuffle quite a bit with ammo selection.
    This has been my experience as well, minus the M&P45 because I don't have any time behind one of those. My experience with the 9mm variants has been abysmal until you fit an Apex barrel...then it goes up to the level of a VP9 or better. My P2000SK is also freakishly accurate when I put the right ammo in it. More so than my P30 for whatever reason.

I think functionally, I wouldn't be able to take advantage of a really good 1911's inherent accuracy. I can already hundo a B8 at 25, and once put down a 100-8x,(it was with a Springfield Range Officer of all things) but I don't know that a 10x is in the cards for me. That's a really high level of shooting and at that point, it's leaving a lot of low hanging fruit for me in terms of gun handling and more real world skills that I'd like to have (draws, transitions, recoil control etc) and should practice.

Today, so many of the guns out there are able to hundo a B8. Even the Glocks newest generation have good accuracy. You could pick up a PDP or a VP9 or a Glock gen 5, or a Beretta 92 and with ammo they like, reasonably expect a 100/100 at 25 yards. I do think the "I want a 2011 because they are more accurate" is a true statement...but it's also irrelevant to the majority of shooters because we're talking about a hundred on a B8 vs a 100-10x, and the guys who can do that are few and far between. Probably even fewer than the number of USPSA GMs.

But yeah, I greatly prefer to have a gun that can at least give me 100/100 on a a 25 yard B8

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    This has been my experience as well, minus the M&P45 because I don't have any time behind one of those. My experience with the 9mm variants has been abysmal until you fit an Apex barrel...then it goes up to the level of a VP9 or better. My P2000SK is also freakishly accurate when I put the right ammo in it. More so than my P30 for whatever reason.

I think functionally, I wouldn't be able to take advantage of a really good 1911's inherent accuracy. I can already hundo a B8 at 25, and once put down a 100-8x,(it was with a Springfield Range Officer of all things) but I don't know that a 10x is in the cards for me. That's a really high level of shooting and at that point, it's leaving a lot of low hanging fruit for me in terms of gun handling and more real world skills that I'd like to have (draws, transitions, recoil control etc) and should practice.

Today, so many of the guns out there are able to hundo a B8. Even the Glocks newest generation have good accuracy. You could pick up a PDP or a VP9 or a Glock gen 5, or a Beretta 92 and with ammo they like, reasonably expect a 100/100 at 25 yards. I do think the "I want a 2011 because they are more accurate" is a true statement...but it's also irrelevant to the majority of shooters because we're talking about a hundred on a B8 vs a 100-10x, and the guys who can do that are few and far between. Probably even fewer than the number of USPSA GMs.

But yeah, I greatly prefer to have a gun that can at least give me 100/100 on a a 25 yard B8
    I think.my closes has been a hundred 7x with a p365xl. Never got over 7x

But that is me vs the gun just offhand variance for me

User Tag List