Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I broke down and subscribed to Hilton Yam’s videos, and now I’m nervous about this pistol. I want to see a lot more about it before I commit money.

That’s a shame because it checks a whole lot of boxes for me.
    Hilton Yam hasn't put much out on the SIG as I'm sure you're seeing.

What are you nervous about?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I broke down and subscribed to Hilton Yam’s videos, and now I’m nervous about this pistol. I want to see a lot more about it before I commit money.

That’s a shame because it checks a whole lot of boxes for me.
    Yeah his pistol is running fine for him now, but that's after he replaced all the fire control components and did some tuning.

Didn't he make some points about the optic mount as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Yeah his pistol is running fine for him now, but that's after he replaced all the fire control components and did some tuning.

Didn't he make some points about the optic mount as well?
    Did he end up replacing parts? The last post I see regarding the SIG was him saying the stock trigger was nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Did he end up replacing parts? The last post I see regarding the SIG was him saying the stock trigger was nasty.

He’s up to part 6. Replaced sear, hammer, strut (I think) and disconnector, modified the mag catch and had to blacksmith the mag well. I’m not scared of doing any of that, but not at current full price. I may wait until things settle a little and I can find one for a few hundred less - I figure it will take $200 worth of parts if I do the work myself.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

He’s up to part 6. Replaced sear, hammer, strut (I think) and disconnector, modified the mag catch and had to blacksmith the mag well. I’m not scared of doing any of that, but not at current full price. I may wait until things settle a little and I can find one for a few hundred less - I figure it will take $200 worth of parts if I do the work myself.
    Hmm. Not seeing any of that. What level is your subscription?

I'm at about 500 rounds through my pistol. Other that it not locking open with my old CMC Power Mags with Tripp Super 7 kits (the combo Yam used to recommend for "hard use" mags) it has been running great. No issues feeding FMJ, JHP or LSWC.

My trigger had a kind of hard glitch in it that has pretty much worked itself out. Putting my cheap pull gauge on shows a trigger at just under 5 pounds now so it has lost about half a pound after some use.

Hmm. Not seeing any of that. What level is your subscription?
    Whatever $10 a month is called, it was the minimum to see videos. I started at $5 a month but too much was hidden.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I started at $5 a month but too much was hidden.
    That's probably why I'm not seeing any of this stuff.

I had a higher subscription level awhile back but let it drop because I didn't think he was putting out enough material to justify the expense. I know he deserves to be compensated for his time but I also don't think I need to get his top tier level just to be able to watch some basic infotainment videos.

That's probably why I'm not seeing any of this stuff.

I had a higher subscription level awhile back but let it drop because I didn't think he was putting out enough material to justify the expense. I know he deserves to be compensated for his time but I also don't think I need to get his top tier level just to be able to watch some basic infotainment videos.

I’m probably going to drop back - I wanted to see how his 1911X testing is going, but I’m not seeing $10 value there outside of that. I’ll cheerfully contribute $5 like I do to many others (mostly photogtaphy related.)
    Ken

I’m probably going to drop back - I wanted to see how his 1911X testing is going, but I’m not seeing $10 value there outside of that. I’ll cheerfully contribute $5 like I do to many others (mostly photogtaphy related.)
    Okay. I just upped my subscription and watched the SIG videos.

My specimen does not trap the mags. The mag release is the limiting style in that it only pushes in so far and stops. I assume it is bottoming out against the catch lock.

Grip screws are not loose. Not yet at least. The only loosening I've had is the little M3 optic screws and the battery tray screw. I'll continue to keep an eye on these.

I am using two Wilson Combat 10 rounders as part of my mix. No issues with these at all.

He's right about the mag well. The frame itself is beveled and then the mag well extension is beveled. The two parts don't mate up. I guess SIG wanted some frame bevel so people wanting to run a standard mainspring housing would have a decent factory bevel? In any case, I've had similar designs with the screw-on mag well not fit and/or come loose. If I really wanted to be serious about a mag well I'd put on a S&A.
    Speaking of mag wells these are all an Achilles heel in terms of brute durability. Dropping the gun or smacking it against a hard surface has been known to bend the two forks in and trap mags. I'd probably run no mag well at all or look at the Chen that requires frame modification if this was going to be anything other than a range toy.

I'm still pleased with my sample. Would I get the same satisfaction from a Tisas Raider and an aftermarket optic cut? No doubt yes.

I’m probably going to wait until I see one in person to vet as best as I can - I’m not sure this is one to buy online.
    Ken

User Tag List