Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Building a PC9

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    consider it done for now!
    Done? Nothing is done until we decide it is! Was it done when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!*

*With apologies to Bluto Blutarski

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I'm quite pleased with it all as it stands, and consider it done for now!
    My honeymoon with single point slings was brief and unrewarding... an annulment soon followed. I hope you fare better.

I also hope you continue to wring this out and report back, as I am contemplating getting either a PC9 or a (shudder) CX4 and ditching the lever guns within the coming year.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    My honeymoon with single point slings was brief and unrewarding... an annulment soon followed. I hope you fare better.
    The nice feature of the MS4 sling is that it can be used as a single point or traditional (two point) sling. The carbine is set up to use it either way.

I also hope you continue to wring this out and report back, as I am contemplating getting either a PC9 or a (shudder) CX4 and ditching the lever guns within the coming year.
    I will indeed!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

The nice feature of the MS4 sling is that it can be used as a single point or traditional (two point) sling. The carbine is set up to use it either way.
    I even like a third point way up front for when/if I want the thing all the way around on my back.

I have given this project a name - the Fuck You New York carbine. The goal is to make it as badass as possible while remaining fully compliant with the NY AWB. It will be a display of how absurd it is to ban firearms because of "evil features" that have little (or nothing) to do with its effectiveness as a civilian defensive weapon.
    The designation of this project as the FYNY Carbine was wrong. It's now referred to as the Politically Correct Carbine, because it says so right on the receiver;

The model designation PC Carbine takes on new meaning.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I even like a third point way up front for when/if I want the thing all the way around on my back.
    I like the setup because my long guns are stored slick. I can throw the sling over my head or around head and shoulder, and hook up to whichever long gun I'm using.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I am contemplating getting either a PC9 or a (shudder) CX4 and ditching the lever guns within the coming year.
    Apropos that, the recent breakdown of popularity of our adapters for Ruger PC:
    Beretta 92 (both traditional and heavy duty SKU): 47%
    SIG P320: 32%
    SIG P365: 20%
    Of course if you want truly heavy duty, in particular the durability, with Beretta magazine, Cx4 is the way to go, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Of course if you want truly heavy duty, in particular the durability, with Beretta magazine, Cx4 is the way to go, no doubt about it.
    Makes sense.

Broadly speaking, the CX4s I am personally acquainted with have functioned and held up quite well overall over time (much to my surprise). And as much as I have complained about the CX4's negatives - primarily the oddly inferior feel to the whole firing sequence - the dumb things might really be my best option at this point in time. I just find the PC9 a little bit more pleasant to shoot.
    gn

And as much as I have complained about the CX4's negatives - primarily the oddly inferior feel to the whole firing sequence ...
    Do you have an opinion on the gas exiting the unused ejection port on Cx4? I was asked by some shooters to do something about it in the past. But it seems like the aftermarket would've already done something if it really were a problem. Maybe the proliferation of suppressors is what's changing.

Ruger PC has a traditional layout with the action away from the shooter's face and only one ejection port on the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Do you have an opinion on the gas exiting the unused ejection port on Cx4? I was asked by some shooters to do something about it in the past. But it seems like the aftermarket would've already done something if it really were a problem. Maybe the proliferation of suppressors is what's changing.
    If it is an issue with CX4s, I have not experienced it... nor has anyone I personally know ever said anything about it to me. That being said, none of these people or I have put a suppressor on one; now that you brought it up, I could see where that might prove problematic depending on ammo factors, etc.
    gn

User Tag List