Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DEA to reclassify Marijuana from schedule I to schedule III

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I do not know what they were using but that apartment was absolutely full of smoke any time they opened the door. It must have been a bigger vaping device.
    The pharmacology doesn't even work out for the situation you're describing, Bill.

You don't magically get high the next day after taking a hit and sleeping it off.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    I could never understand why no one uses legalization as a means to push edibles over smoking. Breathing particulate/combustion products generally is not healthy but for some reason we always forget it. I remember when we basically banned smoking everywhere. Now we have to do it all over again.
    I literally think the same thing all the time. Edibles don't stink and they get you just as high.

It makes zero fucking sense to me, if I'm honest.

--

I am consistently pissed off that I could go outside my office on my "tobacco free campus" - and light up the biggest fucking joint on the planet and smoke it down. But if I want to smoke a cigar, a cigarette, chew some Skoal, or use a Zyn pouch I can be fired.

We live in a fucking bizarro world where people mistakenly believe inhalation of combustibles is fine as long as it is -not- nicotine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The pharmacology doesn't even work out for the situation you're describing, Bill.

You don't magically get high the next day after taking a hit and sleeping it off.
    Here is the best info I have been able to find at this point:

https://nida.nih.gov/publications/re...arijuana-smoke

I see your point about the timing: the worst feeling was between 12-24 hours after I left. It is also unknown how much secondhand smoke had worked its way into my office, although I did not notice the smell there. Again, they were using something much larger than a pen, and seemed to use it constantly.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Here is the best info I have been able to find at this point:

https://nida.nih.gov/publications/re...arijuana-smoke

I see your point about the timing: the worst feeling was between 12-24 hours after I left. It is also unknown how much secondhand smoke had worked its way into my office, although I did not notice the smell there. Again, they were using something much larger than a pen, and seemed to use it constantly.
    If you actually read that, you'd clearly understand that you did not get high 12-24 hours after you walked through a hallway that smelled like pot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    If you actually read that, you'd clearly understand that you did not get high 12-24 hours after you walked through a hallway that smelled like pot.
    From the article:

"Another study that varied the levels of ventilation and the potency of the marijuana found that some nonsmoking participants exposed for an hour to high-THC marijuana (11.3% THC concentration) in an unventilated room showed positive urine assays in the hours directly following exposure80; a follow-up study showed that nonsmoking people in a confined space with people smoking high-THC marijuana reported mild subjective effects of the drug—a "contact high"—and displayed mild impairments on performance in motor tasks."

I was directly across the hall for 4 hours in addition to being in the hallway.

I had no other symptoms of any illness.

Something happened.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

You already stated you couldn't smell it in your office, which means you weren't being exposed to it.

You.

Walked.

Through.

A.

Hall.

Bill, come on dude. You've even admitted that your story doesn't make sense because of the timeframe. This is more laughable than the cops who see a white substance in a baggie from 30 feet away, collapse, and start doing the kickin'chicken, claiming they OD'd.

I’m not entirely sure how to respond but, as TGS already explained, that’s not how exposure to marijuana works. In order to get high from second hand smoke you need to be inhaling a lot of it in a small, enclosed space like a dorm room. It’s called “hot boxing,” a similar situation to the quoted part of the study you cited.

I regularly attend rock concerts. I just went to one Tuesday night. It was an indoor venue with close to a thousand people inside. Every other person appeared to be vaping. A bunch of people were lighting up joints. I could smell burning marijuana for the entire three hours I was there, which while making my concert experience much less enjoyable because I don’t like that odor, absolutely did not get me high or even come close to it because that’s not how it works.

Something happened.
    Nancy Reagan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’m not entirely sure how to respond but, as TGS already explained, that’s not how exposure to marijuana works. In order to get high from second hand smoke you need to be inhaling a lot of it in a small, enclosed space like a dorm room. It’s called “hot boxing,” a similar situation to the quoted part of the study you cited.

I regularly attend rock concerts. I just went to one Tuesday night. It was an indoor venue with close to a thousand people inside. Every other person appeared to be vaping. A bunch of people were lighting up joints. I could smell burning marijuana for the entire three hours I was there, which while making my concert experience much less enjoyable because I don’t like that odor, absolutely did not get me high or even come close to it because that’s not how it works.
    Revel? I was at the same venue Sunday night for a different rock concert. Same scenario. Getting the better ticket for the upstairs is worth every penny though, and honestly I like that venue a lot more than most others in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Revel? I was at the same venue Sunday night for a different rock concert. Same scenario. Getting the better ticket for the upstairs is worth every penny though, and honestly I like that venue a lot more than most others in the area.
    Yeah Revel. My girlfriend and I went to see In This Moment. Had to sit through Mike’s Dead, who I had never heard of before but found okay, and Kim Dracula, who I seriously dislike after having seen them as an opening act in a previous show. I also really like the venue. The food options are better than at the amphitheater and they don’t have a problem with off duty LE being armed. I paid $8 for a carne adovada burrito that I think consisted of at least a half pound of pork wrapped in a tortilla and was full all evening. They also provide free cups of water at every bar if you ask whereas at the amphitheater it seems you have to buy overpriced waters or already have a cup or bottle that you can refill. I’ll definitely try to get the balcony tickets next time we see a show there. It looked a lot more enjoyable than standing for three hours in a sea of people while having to smell their weed smoke.

Who did you go see?

User Tag List