Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Living in the NPE - Building Bruce Wayne (rehosted)

thanks for doing this, I so remember that thread
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Timely... My daughter has a new gig that involves the wearing a scrubs. Too, like most young ladies, she is very conscious of wanting to look nice when out and about. She will carry a Gen 1 Walther PPS IWB at times, but has complained about the size and weight of that pistol for regular carry. Now, with the new gig, she *really* wants something easier to carry - in scrubs for errands after work. For the time being at least, we will re-purpose an LCP that doesn't get much use, but I have been a little stymied on holsters for this application. I am thinking that something with Utliclips might work, but haven't found a good solution. (She is not going to fool with anything like an Enigma. But she does use a "cross-body" thing while in scrubs. I have explained to here the downside of using such a rig for carry and just in general, but I'm sure the cross-body will persist. I think a discreet (A)IWB rig worn in conjunction with the cross-body might be a pretty good solution.) Holster suggestions?

Note: She works in a hospital in a fairly large metro area. I'm not super stoked about this and explained to her that hospitals attract stupid. She has already observed the stupid in her short time at the new gig. So the concern is real - even though she will *not* be carrying while on the clock.
    Have her check out this site:

https://www.flashbangstore.com/

It has some options for females that guys don't consider. IIRC, Annette Evans ran one of the bra holsters in an ECQC class a while back.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I think a discreet (A)IWB rig worn in conjunction with the cross-body might be a pretty good solution.) Holster suggestions?
    I did this, and IMO it works pretty well.

Timely... My daughter has a new gig that involves the wearing a scrubs. Too, like most young ladies, she is very conscious of wanting to look nice when out and about. She will carry a Gen 1 Walther PPS IWB at times, but has complained about the size and weight of that pistol for regular carry. Now, with the new gig, she *really* wants something easier to carry - in scrubs for errands after work.
    I know this is your daughter we are talking about and you might not know or don't wanna know, but what she might be wearing under the scrubs could be a factor. In my case either compression shorts or even just the synthetic boxer-briefs help stabilize the weight when I am wearing something without a belt.

Timely... My daughter has a new gig that involves the wearing a scrubs. Too, like most young ladies, she is very conscious of wanting to look nice when out and about. She will carry a Gen 1 Walther PPS IWB at times, but has complained about the size and weight of that pistol for regular carry. Now, with the new gig, she *really* wants something easier to carry - in scrubs for errands after work. For the time being at least, we will re-purpose an LCP that doesn't get much use, but I have been a little stymied on holsters for this application. I am thinking that something with Utliclips might work, but haven't found a good solution. (She is not going to fool with anything like an Enigma. But she does use a "cross-body" thing while in scrubs. I have explained to here the downside of using such a rig for carry and just in general, but I'm sure the cross-body will persist. I think a discreet (A)IWB rig worn in conjunction with the cross-body might be a pretty good solution.) Holster suggestions?

Note: She works in a hospital in a fairly large metro area. I'm not super stoked about this and explained to her that hospitals attract stupid. She has already observed the stupid in her short time at the new gig. So the concern is real - even though she will *not* be carrying while on the clock.
    You might check out the Mastermind covert belt as a simpler option compared to an enigma. I’ve used it successfully under chef clothing which is functionally very similar to scrubs.
    https://www.mastermindtactics.com/sh...ert-belt-black

Thanks for making that thread a PDF. TPI is like the library of Alexandria for things tactical and practical discussed maturely.

It was interesting reading that thread. I am only partly, through it, and I realize that @SouthNarc discovered Canali suits 15 years before I did.

Now it seems to be on a slow server and is often unviewable.

A few things, in my opinion led to it becoming less visited.

1. You had to be a member to even read it. This was a good policy in terms of discouraging net trash and maintaining a level of privacy for its posters, but it hurt it in terms of perpetual growth and new membership to make up for posters who are no longer active. New posters often start threads that drive conversation. Even if the initial post isn't that good, the responses often are.

2. The ascendency of social media--mainly facebook. I think that online forums are vastly superior to any type of social media or discord because formus break things down by categories and topic and lists them in chronological order. It lists posts in a manner that is quick and easy for anyone to access. Good luck finding something on facebook that you saw a week ago.

3. Certain key members who were significant posters either died or moved on in life.

4. At one time there was a problem logging in for an extended time so many people just stopped.

5. The current server is slow and attempts to access it often result ina time out.

All of these combined to put TPI into its current state.

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Have her check out this site:

https://www.flashbangstore.com/

It has some options for females that guys don't consider. IIRC, Annette Evans ran one of the bra holsters in an ECQC class a while back.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I did this, and IMO it works pretty well.

I know this is your daughter we are talking about and you might not know or don't wanna know, but what she might be wearing under the scrubs could be a factor. In my case either compression shorts or even just the synthetic boxer-briefs help stabilize the weight when I am wearing something without a belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    You might check out the Mastermind covert belt as a simpler option compared to an enigma. I’ve used it successfully under chef clothing which is functionally very similar to scrubs.
    My wife tried the flashbang with a P32 and couldn’t get it to work, but was mostly laughing about the thing rather than giving it a really serious try. It might still be hanging around - if you want one to try, and I can find it, I’ll send it to you.

The Mastermind Covert is a good belt, and might be a good option.

https://deneadams.com/ I hear good things about the products on Dene Adams, but haven’t tried any, nor has SWMBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    +1. Works well for me with gym shorts or pajamas within a reasonable payload weight limit. Inexpensive. Works with your existing holster(s). Too cheap not to try. Can even use it just to keep a shirt tucked in for a neat appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    Can even use it just to keep a shirt tucked in for a neat appearance.
    Great point! I used it to keep a compression undershirt from riding up when drawing at a recent class and it worked well.

Hammertime

Best carry under scrubs is just a regular holster and a belt worn directly on the skin.

Geez, that Covert Belt looks so good, *I* may give it a try! I take it that it is pretty pliable to conform to the body?...

And thanks for the input Gents! Very helpful.

ETA: Man, the Covert Belt would really be cool with a Zero-type buckle... I know that probably won't happen, but still...
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

User Tag List