Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Options for police at these universities?

Site Supporter
    I used to be an advisor for a fire Explorer post. It was, at the time it was shut down, the oldest continually chartered explorer post in the BSA, or so I was told.

One of the station tours we took the kids on was at the airport ARFF station. We went during our normal meeting time, so it was pretty dark out on the ramp. While the crew was demonstrating the roof turret for us, one of my kids, trying to get a picture, went too far forward and took a direct hit from about 40-50 feet away. The 'kid' in question was an 18 year old, adult-sized adult male. Nate got knocked off his feet and tossed a good 10 feet. He was scraped up, but not seriously hurt, and somehow managed to protect his camera and it wasn't damaged either. Yes, camera. It was camera years ago.

Our larger ( 2.5 inch) hoselines will push you back operating them, if you try to try to operate them standing up by yourself. Water's pretty heavy, and that hoseline flows about a ton of water a minute, at a pretty high velocity.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I always liked the idea of horse mounted police with batons.
    Here's an idea whose time has come.

https://www.wsj.com/lifestyle/travel...hare_permalink

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast17 View Post
    Here's an idea whose time has come.

https://www.wsj.com/lifestyle/travel...hare_permalink
    Gotta admit this mosaic “made from bullet casings” is pretty cool.
    Name:  IMG_8476.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  100.6 KB

I think an large flatbed truck loaded with concert speakers playing recordings of all the various renditions of the Star Spangled Banner from sporting events at about 150 decibels with frequent intermissions to inquire about the status of your car’s warranty would cause the party to break up fairly quickly. Throw in some snow making machines blowing high speed water mist to insure none of the little darlings are over heating.

Basically, out protest their protest

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    One factor to keep in mind for this particular round of campus protests is that the protestors have a limited window of in-person visibility. Once final exams and commencement ceremonies are over, most of the students will go home and the campuses will turn into ghost towns until the start of the next academic year. For most universities, that's happening right now.

It'll be interesting to see where the protests (and the protestors who aren't enrolled students) move when the audience isn't constantly circulating through the student unions and dining halls over the summer.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious E.O.C. View Post
    It'll be interesting to see where the protests (and the protestors who aren't enrolled students) move when the audience isn't constantly circulating through the student unions and dining halls over the summer.
    I have a feeling a lot of them will be in Chicago in August.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I think if they tested the fire trucks for water pressure on a few of these campuses many would find something else to do with their time.
    I agree but I'd also like to see some jail time. Apparently these goofs are being IBonded out pretty much upon arriving at the station house.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post

Note to rioters don’t pick up burning gas and like he says expect to be hit if you kick gas back. I think this is a rubber baton round capped with an OC packet.
    This moron comes to a "peaceful protest" with a gas mask. He belongs in jail for a long time.

I am too lazy to find a link but I have heard this twice now from different sources. One of the protestors is 40ish, has no job, but lives in a $2.X million brownstone a couple blocks from his parents $3.X million brownstone in a really nice NYC neighborhood. His job is protesting.

User Tag List