Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UC Pocket Holster from AFR

Site Supporter
    I wonder what Barrel Length Bulman's AFR Pocket Holster will accommodate? Somewhere I saw they referenced it fitting the 640 Pro Series-profile Barrel which is 2 & 1/8" long, but elsewhere I have seen it cited as fitting the typical 1 & 7/8" Barrel(s)...I guess the PROOFREADER mighta' been asleep on that one issue, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    I wonder what Barrel Length Bulman's AFR Pocket Holster will accommodate? Somewhere I saw they referenced it fitting the 640 Pro Series-profile Barrel which is 2 & 1/8" long, but elsewhere I have seen it cited as fitting the typical 1 & 7/8" Barrel(s)...I guess the PROOFREADER mighta' been asleep on that one issue, huh?
    Several available options if you visit the site and look at the drop down.

Name:  Screenshot_20240507_191638_Chrome.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  22.5 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Several available options if you visit the site and look at the drop down.

Name:  Screenshot_20240507_191638_Chrome.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  22.5 KB
    I'm guessing that's from Bulman's Website--On the AFR Website, the only "Choice" you have is for Right- or Left-Hand...And then there's this on the AFR Website: "The Undercover Pocket Holster is compatible with the rear sight of the newly released UC model and also existing previous models with a rear sight such as the 640 Pro Series as well as standard sight J Frames such as the 642/442."

So I still DON'T KNOW for certain what Barrel Length(s) the AFR-marked Bulman Pocket Holster will accommodate--Although I can GUESS, I'd prefer not to, especially since AFR'a own Ad Copy says they are not set up for RETURNS...
    Last edited by mikey357; 05-07-2024 at 07:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    I'm guessing that's from Bulman's Website--On the AFR Website, the only "Choice" you have is for Right- or Left-Hand...And then there's this on the AFR Website: "The Undercover Pocket Holster is compatible with the rear sight of the newly released UC model and also existing previous models with a rear sight such as the 640 Pro Series as well as standard sight J Frames such as the 642/442."

So I still DON'T KNOW for certain what Barrel Length(s) the AFR-marked Bulman Pocket Holster will accommodate--Although I can GUESS, I'd prefer not to, especially since AFR'a own Ad Copy says they are not set up for RETURNS...
    So just order from Bulman, it's the same holster.

My RH AFR UC Pocket Holster arrived Friday morning- quick delivery time!

A quick comparison to my LH AHOLSTER- the AFR seems much more stout and obviously fits the UC like a glove. The AHOLSTER, although well executed, seems a bit flimsy in comparison. And although the rear sight fits right up against the holster, the UC does fit as well as my 342PD does.
    I will say though that the AFR holster does feel more stable in my pocket, and I think it’s less likely to move or shift, probably due to its overall shape and the Polysuede finish. There’s relatively no difference in weight: 1.9 oz vs 1.7 oz for the AHOLSTER.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    My RH AFR UC Pocket Holster arrived Friday morning- quick delivery time!

Quick aside, the 442/432 whatever that is looks fantastic with the black/gray grips...

Site Supporter
    The rounded bottom of the AFR/Bulman holster will allow it to rotate butt-down in my 24x7 Ascent front pocket. I emailed Bulman and suggested he offer a square cut bottom like Mika does. At the moment I have velcroed a piece of leather at the bottom to keep it upright. Otherwise a great design, just enough retention to hold the revolver if you sit and your knees are above your waist but still separates well on the draw.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by nugi View Post
    Quick aside, the 442/432 whatever that is looks fantastic with the black/gray grips...
    432-UC with the grips from my 642-UC switched over!

User Tag List