Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA Board Election Results

Site Supporter

NRA Board Election Results

NRA board election results (with some commentary)
    https://onlygunsandmoney.com/2024/05...n-results.html
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    NRA board election results (with some commentary)
    https://onlygunsandmoney.com/2024/05...n-results.html
    Forgot where I saw that the NRA Museum was quietly selling off chunks of its collection through some smallish auction house in Kentucky or Tennessee.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I didn't even bother to look at the candidates this year.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I didn't even bother to look at the candidates this year.
    There were several (4?) pro-reform candidates that made a lot of noise this cycle... all of them were top vote-getters...

Problem not yet solved, but, encouraging the some member/voters are paying attention at least..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Forgot where I saw that the NRA Museum was quietly selling off chunks of its collection through some smallish auction house in Kentucky or Tennessee.
    Bespoke suits ain't cheap on the Boulevard.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    There were several (4?) pro-reform candidates that made a lot of noise this cycle... all of them were top vote-getters...

Problem not yet solved, but, encouraging the some member/voters are paying attention at least..
    First year I haven't bothered...maybe I'll be encouraged to read through the candidates next time around.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

No longer a member of the corrupt Boomer Enrichment Club.
    #RESIST

I never received a ballot, but, can hope that the reform candidates may get something done. (I am a Life Member, so should have received a ballot. I opted-out of receiving magazines, quite some time ago, so, should have received a ballot in an envelope.)

Edited to add: I became a Life Member just before learning about the stupid things that were happening, and have not contributed a dime since then.
    Last edited by Rex G; 05-07-2024 at 10:20 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Berkshire Hathaway reportedly has 14 members of their BOD.

Good enough for Warren Buffet, good enough for me.

BOD of the NRA still way too big.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...oard%20Members
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I never received a ballot, but, can hope that the reform candidates may get something done. (I am a Life Member, so should have received a ballot. I opted-out of receiving magazines, quite some time ago, so, should have received a ballot in an envelope.)

Edited to add: I became a Life Member just before learning about the stupid things that were happening, and have not contributed a dime since then.
    I’m a lifer, and don’t take the magazines either. TBH, I can’t remember if I got a ballot or not. Obviously, not the top issue on my mind this year. 🤷🏼
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List