Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NRA Board Election Results

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    No longer a member of the corrupt Boomer Enrichment Club.
    I'm a Lifer... may as well vote... No extra charge..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Not another penny ... Fuck them... take 2 drop dead pills.

Site Supporter
    The reformers still face quite an uphill battle.

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/05/ins...ithin-the-nra/
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Saw an article that said Gov. Noem approached Wayne to take over his position awhile ago. Who knows? Trump is going to speak to the NRA - someone should stand up and ask about his BS to Diane and Nancy, take the guns and to go later and the Bump Dump. No - he will blather what a great friend of the NRA he is/was and then bitch about his trials.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Good article, RoyGBiv. Thanks for posting.

Contrary to some, I remain positive about the NRA. These election results are encouraging. It appears rank and file NRA members are paying attention. I am surprised that one of our most successful Olympians ever, Kim Rhode, was not elected. That seems like an aberration given the other results.

I well understand the dissatisfaction with WLP, but he is gone now. We should not forget that the NRA helped bring us the Heller, McDonald, and Bruen decisions. Otherwise, Uncle Joe and his ilk would like to have us all limited to twice-barrels for recreation and home defense. The NRA, despite WLP's wardrobe, fights the good fight and protects our interests. It is worthy of our support.

The NRA convention is next week in Dallas. I hope the local PFers attend.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    Prepared for the permaban...
    https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/20...nnual-meeting/

https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic....37945#p1337945

Bill Brewer demanded immediate payment of over $20 million in fees to his firm (the immediacy indicating he suspects the reformers have the backing of most of the board for its Monday meeting. It was announced that each director would have a whole 3 minutes to speak (on a matter of $20 million!), but a bunch gave their time to former president Jim Porter, a *real* trial attorney, who lit up Brewer with a flamethrower, showing how he’d cost NRA $200 million, while losing nearly everything his firm handled. Three cheers for Porter (and two for the directors who gave him their time, and realized what good move this was. Three minutes was meant to insure that nobody had time enough to raise a serious objection, but give a lot of time to a real trial attorney and his target isn’t going to be sitting down for a month. (After a reaming like that, he isn’t going to have problems with hemorrhoids or constipation, either).

Rumor is that NRA is nearly insolvent, perhaps will not survive until the next board meeting. This time it will be a real bankruptcy, when it cannot meet payroll, and the Whittington Center will be first item on the auction block, followed by the National Firearms Museum’s collections.

Unfortunately I was not able to attend this year.
    Would like to have seen the Trump show but would likely have chosen to attend the members meeting (not believing they overlapped by coincidence). I filled out the volunteer firm a few months ago but never heard from anyone.
    Such a tragedy.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 05-19-2024 at 10:34 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Prepared for the permaban...
    https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/20...nnual-meeting/

https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic....37945#p1337945

Would like to have seen the Trump show but would likely have chosen to attend the members meeting (not believing they overlapped by coincidence). I filled out the volunteer firm a few months ago but never heard from anyone.
    Such a tragedy.
    Brewer is most likely concerned that once the NRA declares bankruptcy, he is not getting paid. He wants as much as he can get before that happens.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Would like to have seen the Trump show but would likely have chosen to attend the members meeting (not believing they overlapped by coincidence).
    I went Friday afternoon specifically to avoid the numbers that Trump would attract. It was still busy, but not crowded. It was a good time to attend. The only real wait for anything would have been the line to see Ted Nugent, which I did not do.

I was able to see the guns I wanted to see without much wait at any specific display. I wish I had not touched anything Staccato. It will take a while to get over the "wants." Rock River had some nice 1911s with very good triggers. The prices on those RRs were high as well, 3k+ for one I liked.

One impression I had was that the crowd trended older, and I mean 50+. I am included in that demographic. It made me wonder if all those older folk were attending on Friday to try to avoid the weekend crowds. I wish there had been a bunch of 35 and younger people walking around for the future of our sport, but that was not the case. Maybe they were at work and waiting for the weekend.

One final thought that might be due to age as well. I will call it familiarity bias. Perhaps I have become a cranky old man set in my ways, but none of the new pistols I handled felt as good to me as what I already have. For example, I really wanted to like the new Walther PDPs, but I like the feel, and trigger, of my old P99 better.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    The reformers took most of the officer elections today.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2...fices-n1224968

Maybe the NRA can finally get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    We should not forget that the NRA helped bring us the Heller, McDonald, and Bruen decisions.
    The lawyers (Robert Levy, Alan Gura, Clark Neily) who represented Dick Heller claim that the NRA engaged in substantial efforts to obstruct the lawsuit. Here's one article, from the NYT and a tweet from Clark Neily.

User Tag List